Spooks?
Attention, all residents of Minus World! A body has been discovered!

@Fun With Despair has been discovered dead in the Courtyard, in a rather bizarre scenario, if I do say so myself.

Case File
-The victim was found sitting in a chair outside the Courtyard. Next to him is a helium tank, hooked up to a plastic breathing mask over his face. Shockingly, this was not the cause of death.
-The real cause of death is a gunshot wound to his right temple. No gun could be found anywhere in the building or in the courtyard.
-The victim's lungs contained no helium at all upon examination, but the tank is empty.
-Blown against the outer fence by a slight breeze was a plastic bag, the kind used as cheap packaging. The label saying what it contained has been scratched off.
-An empty spool is in the bushes. It is unknown what it held, and the victim showed no traces of being bound at all.
-The victim was found clutching a note.
Quote:I was the Ultimate Detective, attempting to assist the investigation without showing my role.

@Pedigree lies about a Special Ability obscuring his source's ability last night to make himself seem innocent of the crime. He may also be an Ultimate Detective, or he could have another role, but if so, he is using it to cover his own ass, and he is very dangerous. I have elected to carry this note on my person in case he catches on after my attempts to get him in trouble last night.
-It is unknown whether the note is in the victim's handwriting or not.

Witness Accounts
-There were no witnesses.
-One or more Special Powers were used last night.

Currently alive, we have....
@Nabber
@Pedigree
@🦌Yrr🦌
@Two_Finger
@Yoshin

You all know exactly what to do, and I expect no less of you all! Let's get right into the despair investigation!
Pedigree
(Jan 28, 2017 at 8:22 PM)Monokuma Wrote:
Quote:I was the Ultimate Detective, attempting to assist the investigation without showing my role.

@Pedigree lies about a Special Ability obscuring his source's ability last night to make himself seem innocent of the crime. He may also be an Ultimate Detective, or he could have another role, but if so, he is using it to cover his own ass, and he is very dangerous. I have elected to carry this note on my person in case he catches on after my attempts to get him in trouble last night.

Hmm... suspicious. Especially when you consider that @Nabber has already made an attempt on Fun With Despair and Nabber has been casting a lot of shade my direction.
Pedigree
According to my sources, there was only one murder attempt last night and it was @Nabber on @Two_Finger but supposedly the last Ultimate Liar used their ability last night.

I have to rule this a suicide despite the strange circumstances based on the information given to me. But how do we reconstruct the suicide? Or do we think Monokuma had something to do with this?
Spooks?
Nope! I didn't tamper with any of it! I didn't even dispose of the gun, and yet there's no gun anywhere around here
Pedigree
WAIT!

Can the Ultimate Liar lie about their intended target? Is that part of their special ability or is it limited to disguising themselves?
Spooks?
(Jan 28, 2017 at 8:37 PM)Pedigree Wrote: WAIT!

Can the Ultimate Liar lie about their intended target? Is that part of their special ability or is it limited to disguising themselves?
Either-or, but not both! It's random anyway, which one ends up being lied about.

I feel like also mentioning that everything needed to solve the case is present, either in PMs to you bozos, or in the Courtyard itself!
Yrrzy
Can we look around the Courtyard for more evidence?
Yoshin
Last night during my watchings, I caught a glimpse of someone shady. I couldn't make them out fully but their name has at least one space, underscore, or hyphen.
Take from this what you will but I'm also leaning towards suicide
Pedigree
Possibilities:

1. @Nabber used a special ability as an Ultimate Liar to hide his intended target, which was actually Fun With Despair and attempted to frame me. We do know that Nabber previously made an attempt on FWD's life and that Nabber has been throwing lots of shade my direction.
2. Fun With Despair staged their own murder, using a balloon and helium to get rid of the weapon. Attempting to frame me for their demise with a death note.

I think to find the truth, we must search for the murder weapon.
Pedigree
(Jan 28, 2017 at 8:55 PM)Yoshin Wrote: Last night during my watchings, I caught a glimpse of someone shady. I couldn't make them out fully but their name has at least one space, underscore, or hyphen.

@Two_Finger, being that this only applies to you (excluding the victim of course), what were you up to last night? Did you see anything?
Spooks?
(Jan 28, 2017 at 8:48 PM)🦌Yrr🦌 Wrote: Can we look around the Courtyard for more evidence?
[You decide to examine the Courtyard in greater depth. You find nothing too important besides the label that used to be attached to the spool in the bushes. It reads "ribbon".]

(Jan 28, 2017 at 8:55 PM)Pedigree Wrote: Possibilities:

1. @Nabber used a special ability as an Ultimate Liar to hide his intended target, which was actually Fun With Despair and attempted to frame me. We do know that Nabber previously made an attempt on FWD's life and that Nabber has been throwing lots of shade my direction.
2. Fun With Despair staged their own murder, using a balloon and helium to get rid of the weapon. Attempting to frame me for their demise with a death note.

I think to find the truth, we must search for the murder weapon.

3. Your dumb ass tried the same obvious framing tactics that got the last killer off and you're lying about Nabber. Gotta remain impartial here folks.
Pedigree
Impartial, huh?

Well, FWD wasn't even on my radar last night, I can confirm that much.
Yoshin
Nabber shouldn't be the killer, he wasn't near the courtyard last night.
If I may I'd like to check the canister and around it closer, might be some clues there
Spooks?
(Jan 28, 2017 at 9:06 PM)Yoshin Wrote: Nabber shouldn't be the killer, he wasn't near the courtyard last night.
If I may I'd like to check the canister and around it closer, might be some clues there
[You examine the canister more closely. The canister is attached to a cart used to carry it out there. The only fingerprints on the cart, along with the tube and the breathing mask match the victim only, however on the valve used to let the gas out, there are no fingerprints, hinting at gloves or similar, likely also disposed of with the gun.

Thinking of disposable glovess, you recall that the plastic packaging from earlier had a smell that reminded you of them.]
Two_Finger
(Jan 28, 2017 at 9:06 PM)Yoshin Wrote: Nabber shouldn't be the killer, he wasn't near the courtyard last night.

can confirm
I believe you and I had the same idea
Nabber
man, this smoke is a lot easier to see through than on mobile. good thing i waited until i got home to respond

(Jan 28, 2017 at 8:28 PM)Pedigree Wrote:
(Jan 28, 2017 at 8:22 PM)Monokuma Wrote:

Hmm... suspicious. Especially when you consider that @Nabber has already made an attempt on Fun With Despair and Nabber has been casting a lot of shade my direction.

i mean i had no idea that fun with despair could even write a note, especially one that would indict you, so that second point is irrelevant

anyway, is it possible that the helium tank could have been pressurized to blow a hole in the victim's head? there's a weapon like that in no country for old men
Pedigree
No it's not irrelevant, it's implied someone could have written that note and planted it on him in the OP
Two_Finger
if we know that the victims lungs didn't have helium, does that mean we could check if there was a bullet remaining in the victim?
Yrrzy
Can confirm Nabber is innocent, was too busy trying to kill me the fucker
Yoshin
Nabber had an accomplice when he tried killing you. They're stealthy though so I couldn't get an id on them