Fun With Despair
not the worst one you've ever played

what is just the worst video game, period?
Yrrzy
[modern triple a game that wasn't all that bad but is disappointing/popular to hate on]
Spritanium
How would I know how bad a game is if I haven't played it?

Nobody will ever know the answer to this question, because the worst game ever made is some bootleg shovelware which has been purchased by literally zero people.
[Image: supercorrect.png]
Yrrzy
the worst video game is this turd i found in a field

[Image: Cow+Chip-2.jpg]

look at this, wheres the gameplay? the progression? the goal??
Draku
(Feb 4, 2017 at 8:01 PM)Spritanium Wrote: Nobody will ever know the answer to this question, because the worst game ever made is some bootleg shovelware which has been purchased by literally zero people.
this is technically both true and untrue.

how bad a game is could be taken in only the form of how horrible it is to play, where a bootleg would shine and obviously trounce most officially released stuff outside of anomalies like big rigs.

but, going over to big rigs, there is obviously a far more interesting metric to judging quality of a video game. it's a lot less awful for a bootleg game made by some idiot in 5 seconds to be bad than something that got past company approval and published large scale to be bad. there's also hype, anticipation, etc that can affect the quality of a game for the player. i mean fuck, if you pick up some random shitty game you probably didn't expect anything in the first place.

but then you have stuff like ET and superman 64 and while these may not be the truly worst games ever, there's many reasons compounding on each other that cause the reputation they have. both were huge licenses in a time where people didn't know better about licensed games (i mean shit, some of them back in the day were actually pretty good) and thus expectations for the people playing them at the time were high. ET actually sold extremely well by atari 2600 standards, but got returned a lot and was -massively- overproduced which makes the spectacle of its quality even worse. i'm sure a lot of kids picked up superman 64 expecting something awesome and then got... that. if it had been some random nameless game they got on a whim but exactly the same otherwise it wouldn't be viewed so critically.
[Image: s2n7oi.png]
Fun With Despair
Mind Blown
Spooks?
danganronpa
Draku
fuck my long post. it's this one
[Image: s2n7oi.png]
Fun With Despair
(Feb 4, 2017 at 9:12 PM)Draku Wrote: fuck my long post. it's this one
You are like a baby

watch this
kaZaam

this is the kind of game i'd expect to get at the dollar store
[Image: nIMDSBE.png]
T-man
any licensed ds game
Spritanium
(Feb 4, 2017 at 8:06 PM)🦌Yrr🦌 Wrote: the worst video game is this turd i found in a field

[Image: Cow+Chip-2.jpg]

look at this, wheres the gameplay? the progression? the goal??
Dude look at the graphics though, that looks just like a real turd in a field
Yrrzy
(Feb 4, 2017 at 11:27 PM)Spritanium Wrote: Dude look at the graphics though, that looks just like a real turd in a field

check out this H D
Briraka
the objectively worst video game is reality. the graphics suck, it takes forever to level up your skills, and there's paywalls everywhere.
Pea
nah its this one
Spritanium

Featuring art by Scott Cawthon
Two_Finger
this game
Syaxamaphone

I can't believe Super Mario Odyssey stole this man's hat throw!
[Image: NZRK1uk.gif]
fucker5
Mario Golf Toadstool Tour because I rented it when I was really young and didn't have fun playing it. FUCK YOU MARIO GOLF TOADSTOOL TOUR!!!!!!!!!!!!!
fucker5

Honestly disappointed in MechaBowser about how A Hat in Time turned out, but not really surprised