Gabe Newell
Well, I mean, not quite yet...but now you have the option. Let me explain:

Duplicate, or "Dupe" accounts have been a part of MFGG culture for generations - and they've been given the shaft the entire time! Dupe accounts have always been forbidden, their creators severely punished. But why is that, anyhow? It's not like the internet is running out of space. We need to do better for our friends with multiple personalities!

As such, fresh out of the Minus World Development Studio is a new update I think you'll all enjoy very much. From now on, as long as you're logged into your main account, you can have up to 9 Dupe accounts, instantly switchable via the account switcher (accessible right above the logout link in the welcome block). These accounts do not have a separate email/password, and instead must be accessed from your Parent account.

There are some catches!
  • You can't give EX to your dupe and/or parent account(s). This includes donations, Good Sh*ts, and everything else. You can stil leave reactions and Good Sh*ts on posts, they just won't award EX.
  • You can't cast Spells on your own dupe and/or parent account(s).
  • All of your EX, as well as your Rally, is shared between your accounts.
  • And of course, you're responsible for anything your Dupes say or do. If your Dupe breaks a rule, your parent account will receive the punishment.

Beyond that, you're free to let your imagination run wild. I can't wait to see all the "new" friendly faces around here!

NOTE
This is a somewhat experimental feature and there may be bugs. Nothing can be permanently broken, but user discretion is advised.
HylianDev
wow totally stolen from tumblr wow
HylianDev
[Image: ARQOzGK.png]

wow
Syaxamaphone
[Image: bY729Ay.png]
[Image: NZRK1uk.gif]
Spritanium
Logging in shouldn't be affected, what's broken for you?
[Image: supercorrect.png]
Briraka
for some reason i wasn't given exp for posting, then i went to check my ex log to see if i got it and i got an error screen.

and yes, i cleared my cache and i still didn't get the exp and i can't look at my ex log.

Quote:MyBB has experienced an internal SQL error and cannot continue.

SQL Error:
1064 - You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MariaDB server version for the right syntax to use near ')' at line 1
Query:
SELECT COUNT(*) as total FROM mybb_ex_log WHERE uid = '129' OR uid IN ()
Syaxamaphone
(Feb 8, 2017 at 8:41 PM)Spritanium Wrote: Logging in shouldn't be affected, what's broken for you?

[Image: TQDEyyt.png]
[Image: NZRK1uk.gif]
Spritanium
Ah okay, you don't have any dupes so there's nothing for the IN clause to look for. I'll have to fix that

Not sure why you'd be unable to gain ex though, maybe a similar error

I'm away now but rtsmarty can probably fix the ex log pretty easily (or just revert the merge if we need to do more testing)
rtsmarty
password reset has definitely been broken for a long time which sucks but isn't technically related to the change

ex log is fixed
Tumblr
Consider your ass sued
HylianDev
Okay I got it all sorted out

Perhaps consider fixing the entirely broken password reset & social login featues

(Feb 8, 2017 at 9:10 PM)Tumblr Wrote: Consider your ass sued

dupes were fun while it lasted
Spritanium
Yeah password reset should definitely work, I'll have to work on that asap
Pedigree

I have a phobia against litigation

use a fucking trigger warning next time you giant prick
Tumblr
(Feb 8, 2017 at 10:00 PM)Pedigree Wrote:

I have a phobia against litigation

use a fucking trigger warning next time you giant prick

wow yea holy shit you piece of TRASH

wait until Daddie Antifa kicks your fucking nazi teeth in, hyliandev
Pedigree

>tumblr calling anyone else trash

xD
kaZaam
wow people are using it exclusively to be passive-aggressive it's like i'm really on Minus World
[Image: nIMDSBE.png]
God
interesting kit, i'll get to work on some interesting teks
"If Your Plate Doesn't Have Any Beef On It, Send It Back To The Hecking Cafeteria!!!" - OracularRELOADED
T-man
(Feb 9, 2017 at 6:16 AM)kaZaam Wrote: wow people are using it exclusively to be passive-aggressive it's like i'm really on Minus World

Yeah, it's gonna be great.
kaZaam
tbf i do have a stick up my bum
[Image: nIMDSBE.png]
Beako
(Feb 9, 2017 at 5:13 PM)kaZaam Wrote: tbf i do have a stick up my bum

Are you sure it's a stick? Cool