Spritanium
Fuck yeh

Thanks to @T-man for contributing like 700 exp to the cause

Also we need an improved EXP leaderboard. Whoever has the highest amount of EXP can have a badge that only lasts as long as they can keep the title
[Image: supercorrect.png]
T-man
An EXP Leaderboard sounds like a great idea.
Pea
how do you get exp anyways
Spritanium
(Jun 28, 2016 at 1:45 AM)Pea Wrote: how do you get exp anyways

Registering, referring, posting, receiving replies, receiving reactions, etc. You can also donate exp between users
Two_Finger
(Jun 28, 2016 at 1:45 AM)Pea Wrote: how do you get exp anyways
by posting and receiving reactions iirc
I thik if one of your posts gets quoted that gives you some too
Pea
i would have said it encourages spamming posts but theres more ways than just posting to get exp
T-man
Spamming is pretty obvious and against the rules. It's easier just to contribute.
Spritanium
New MW has a very lax spam policy, people have different ways of communicating information and to categorize certain posts as "spammy" (assuming they contain actual content and are posted by a human) just seems like an antiquated way to handle things

I imagine anything that DOESN'T contain actual content / is posted by a bot will still be considered spam, but for everything else it's just too much effort for not a lot of benefit

But yeah, I want to add tons of ways to gain EXP - competitions are a big one I have in mind. Ideally I want to create a separate area of the site for competitions, and in addition to badges the winners will receive huge EXP payouts
Mario
[deleted]
T-man
Competitions having their own dedicated hub is a fantastic idea. We could really have fun with it, like when the winners are chosen we could do something like this,

[Image: Y7Jly5u.png]

and play this shit in the background

AND HAVE THIS SHIT ON THE PAGE
T-man
(Jun 28, 2016 at 2:01 AM)wtl Wrote: we could have special forum pages built for competition results and stuff, and people could easily check them out, and links to the original threads (but hopefully the pages will be good enough where the threads dont matter as much)

And people can opt in to alerts for new competitions of a certain variety
Spritanium
Man that confetti is hilarious. We definitely have to work that in somewhere.
Mario
[deleted]
Spritanium
When it's your birthday every page has confetti
Draku
birthday feature where if its ur birthday u get a party hat over your avatar and all your posts have a confetti effect over them
[Image: s2n7oi.png]
T-man
(Jun 28, 2016 at 2:49 AM)Spritanium Wrote: When it's your birthday every page has confetti

It should start when you open your alert menu when you have a birthday alert, along with

Spritanium
If we're going to have birthday features we should only allow people to set their birthdate once. Not like it'll ever change, and if someone got it wrong somehow they can just have us fix it manually
T-man
(Jun 28, 2016 at 2:51 AM)Spritanium Wrote: If we're going to have birthday features we should only allow people to set their birthdate once. Not like it'll ever change, and if someone got it wrong somehow they can just have us fix it manually

This seems like a small price to pay for fun birthday features
Draku
(Jun 28, 2016 at 2:51 AM)Spritanium Wrote: If we're going to have birthday features we should only allow people to set their birthdate once. Not like it'll ever change, and if someone got it wrong somehow they can just have us fix it manually
yeah i agree with this
[Image: s2n7oi.png]
Shroomguy
oh sure have birthday features AFTER my birthday

buncha dinguses
The Beef Baron