Evangelion G.0: You Did (Not) Expect Godzilla

Briraka

shin godzilla was so good you guys, i need to check out hideaki anno's other works.
Super dope; you can actually see a lot of similarities in direction when it comes to Anno, it's pretty cool

but when is this chigga releasing 4.0? It's been 4 years.
geno7
if you liked shin godzilla youll really like evangelion bc its basically shot and cut exactly the same way and even features some music from it for some reason

though as a fan of his other works i didnt really like shin godzilla bc it was too much bureacracy and not enough character. as much as i dug that the movie is a deconstructively realistic portrayal of how the japanese government would actually react to a godzilla attack, i feel like it left no room for character at all. but maybe that's just bc im used to anno's works having elaborate/emotional character studies/arcs

for what its worth tho the action was good as usual
[Image: fsMwICg.gif]
Briraka
(Feb 11, 2017 at 2:54 AM)Greeno Wrote: if you liked shin godzilla youll really like evangelion bc its basically shot and cut exactly the same way and even features some music from it for some reason

though as a fan of his other works i didnt really like shin godzilla bc it was too much bureacracy and not enough character. as much as i dug that the movie is a deconstructively realistic portrayal of how the japanese government would actually react to a godzilla attack, i feel like it left no room for character at all. but maybe that's just bc im used to anno's works having elaborate/emotional character studies/arcs

for what its worth tho the action was good as usual

yeah, that's one of the weaknesses of godzilla films is that characters are often simple and stick to their archetypes, but i feel like shin godzilla could've had a chance to break away from that if they held off godzilla's second rampage more towards the end. not only would that of given characters more time to develop, it would have also given more time to build up to the tokyo destruction sequence.