Tenebrae
A group of friends and I use Tabletop Simulator for D&D. We also use a website that we can cycle playlists on for background music. The playlists are call separated for the occasion. I've become sort of the "playlist master" and am the one to switch the playlists when the DM says to. I ask them to send me music to further build the playlists and avoid songs repeating too often, but they suck and very seldom send shit.

So if you guys know any tasty fantasy jams, post them up. There have only been a few rules I've imposed:
1. Avoid lyrics. Exceptions have been made for quiet tavern type music where a bard could be singing, or for important boss encounters, the music might be more intense and have choir voices.
2. A certain level of sound quality should be met. Basically, nothing 8-bit or MIDI sounding.
3. Relatively time appropriate. Maybe for encounter music, minor electric guitar/bass/drum kit use is fine (Final Fantasy or other JRPG music), but for other overworld type music, it should be fitting of a fantasy environment.
4. Songs should be too long. I've found the 5-7 minute range is best. It keeps the song going long enough for it to be in the background and not end just as you've adjusted to the change, and it isn't a 15 minute loop of a 2 minute segment. Our first session I had to deal with like three 15 minute Undertale loops in encounters.

They playlists I currently have set up:
Overworld Castle/Dungeon
Overworld Road/Field Travel
Overworld Cave Ambient
Overworld City
Overworld Small Town/Village
Overworld Encounters
Tavern (Calm)
Tavern (Lively)
Underground City
Underground/Cave Encounter
Rest (Rules lest strict, just anything that lightens to mood for a few minutes)

I've used a lot of Zelda, Final Fantasy, TES, and Monster Hunter music. Small odds and ends for Fire Emblem, Xenoblade, and Gravity Rush. Even a few select songs from LISA: The Painful. Even if a song you suggest is from a game I've used a lot of music from, it doesn't hurt to suggest it and I can just run it by the list.

Thanks in advance, guys.

Not sure if the right subforum