Agastya
[Image: GabzP3A.png]

ive been thinking about this a lot ever since i woke up with 1k less ex than i previously had but goddamn this is decaying way too fast now

while it used to be way too easy to maintain a high rally i think that still worked out a little better than this decay rate does because it felt more meaningful

either the decay needs to be way lower again or it needs to build way faster

also i think frame that shit should just be a straight +1.- because it costs so much but that's just off the current decay rate

games are hard
BIRDS ACTIVATED
🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦
Spritanium
The decay hasn't been time-based for awhile now
[Image: supercorrect.png]
Agastya
i'm quite aware dude

i'm saying you can drop 1000 ex on frame that sh*t and you'll get about 3 or 4 ex back due to how the decay was made 5x stronger
BIRDS ACTIVATED
🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦
Spritanium
Ah okay.

Yeah I'm bad at math so I basically just implement whatever numbers people tell me to Wacko

I'm definitely in favor of making it easier to gain/hold on to rally, but I think maybe having a high rally (>3.5 or something) should be more "chaotic". Maybe have certain random events that are more risky and can only appear when your rally is high.
[Image: supercorrect.png]
Pedigree
also please stop having negative ex events show up on level ones

I still get them LOL
Agastya
(Feb 14, 2017 at 5:32 PM)Pedigree Wrote: also please stop having negative ex events show up on level ones

I still get them LOL

just kill your anime sister
BIRDS ACTIVATED
🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦
Yoshi2
I tried to plot the rally decay starting at 5.0 and 3.0: https://i.imgur.com/XEhmkPQ.png https://i.imgur.com/1QmJfyP.png (idk if I did it correctly so if anybody wants to see the code it's here https://gist.github.com/RenolY2/ee468943...bcd549aae5 )

Took the decaying thing from the strategy guide, seems to decay from 5.0 to 1.0 in about 40 hours, then from 1.0 to 0.25 in another 60 hours or so.

Conclusion: it decays pretty quickly. Or I made a mistake in my approach.
rtsmarty
(Feb 14, 2017 at 6:13 PM)Yoshi2 Wrote: I tried to plot the rally decay starting at 5.0 and 3.0: https://i.imgur.com/XEhmkPQ.png https://i.imgur.com/1QmJfyP.png (idk if I did it correctly so if anybody wants to see the code it's here https://gist.github.com/RenolY2/ee468943...bcd549aae5 )

Took the decaying thing from the strategy guide, seems to decay from 5.0 to 1.0 in about 40 hours, then from 1.0 to 0.25 in another 60 hours or so.

Conclusion: it decays pretty quickly. Or I made a mistake in my approach.
looks like the strategy guide is ridiculously out of date

now, every ex you earn (before rally adjustment) drops your rally by 0.005
Yrrzy
thats ludicrous lmao
rtsmarty
(Feb 14, 2017 at 6:59 PM)🦌Yrr🦌 Wrote: thats ludicrous lmao
whoops i was off my an order of magnitue

Yoshi2
(Feb 14, 2017 at 6:58 PM)rtsmarty Wrote: looks like the strategy guide is ridiculously out of date

now, every ex you earn (before rally adjustment) drops your rally by 0.005
wellp, that's an hour wasted.
So a gain of 500 EX (e.g. through a referral) can drop the rally multiplier from <3.5x straight down to 1.0x? That doesn't feel much better than the time-based formula Welp
rtsmarty
(Feb 14, 2017 at 7:31 PM)Yoshi2 Wrote: wellp, that's an hour wasted.
Sorry about that.
(Feb 14, 2017 at 7:31 PM)Yoshi2 Wrote: So a gain of 500 EX (e.g. through a referral) can drop the rally multiplier from <3.5x straight down to 1.0x? That doesn't feel much better than the time-based formula Welp
You get 500 ex for referrals? That's pretty high. Most things get single digits. Though consider that at 3.5x rally, you're looking at 1750ex. That's > 1/6 of the way to capping. Is that so bad? At 5.0x rally you're looking at 1/4 of the way to capping all at once. That's nuts, and you'll still have 2.5x rally.

It can certainly be tweaked though. Initially it was 0.001 which was ridiculously slow. If 0.005 is too fast it's easy to adjust. Just need to find the right balance I guess. I'd like to keep it to a single SQL query though so I hopefully nothing too complicated.
Yoshi2
(Feb 14, 2017 at 8:18 PM)rtsmarty Wrote: You get 500 ex for referrals? That's pretty high. Most things get single digits. Though consider that at 3.5x rally, you're looking at 1750ex. That's > 1/6 of the way to capping. Is that so bad? At 5.0x rally you're looking at 1/4 of the way to capping all at once. That's nuts, and you'll still have 2.5x rally.

Though there is also the cost of building up that rally which I honestly haven't looked into. It would be fun to do the math with how much you gain with a high rally vs how much all the spells to get the rally up cost (seems to be around 0.09% per 100 EX)

Solving this math would mean solving the Minus World game! Hooray
Draku

>elyk messing with the newpoints values to raise his referral income

wow, cheater.............

(changed it to 100EX cause 500 is really high, it used to be like 50)
[Image: s2n7oi.png]
Fun With Despair
I suggest balancing this a different way.

The FWD™ way

So essentially, people love high numbers. That's a given. It feels really good to gain high rally, but at the same time, that high rally feels pointless as it's hard to get and doesn't really even it out against spell costs.

Agastya mentioned raising Rally gain OR lowering decay rate, but the former definitely seems to be the more "fun" way to go. By doubling Rally gain, people see those higher numbers come in, which is great and encourages spell casting and helps them close the gap, but because of the high decay rate, it's still balanced enough and usually won't fully refund all your EX spent on the spells to get to this point.

This has been your unofficial Balance and Fun Wizard™, giving input on Rally.
Draku
yeah gaining rally atm is hilariously difficult which is dumb when we have stuff like rally up. increasing it should be looked at
[Image: s2n7oi.png]
Fun With Despair
(Feb 14, 2017 at 8:46 PM)Draku Wrote: yeah gaining rally atm is hilariously difficult which is dumb when we have stuff like rally up. increasing it should be looked at
I think it needs to be increased in order for the Bard class to be viable at all too, whenever that update gets pushed out.
Fun With Despair
see you people need to give me a goddamn job at this point
Beako
In my opinion posting should be the ONLY thing that reduces rally to be perfectly honest, family. All the other ways rally gets reduced are bullshit.
Elyk
I think time should be the only thing that reduces rally.