kaZaam
feel like sunshine fucked the controls a bit by not having the longjump. yeayea i know its impractical cause of the fludd float thing but that shit's moreso for making sure you land somewhere properly, using it to cross gaps was fuckn boring and never actually felt practical cause you moved slow af and it lasted like 2 secs
[Image: nIMDSBE.png]
T-man
Yeah, it's unfortunate the long jump was axed considering it's an incredibly satisfying maneuver to perform, but I totally get why it had to be cut for Sunshine. Using the long jump and hover in conjunction with one another would trivialize a lot of the platforming.
mit
in terms of crossing longer distances there's always the "water slide off the ledge into a faster hover nozzle", but thats really situational and yea i agree its kinda dumb not to have an actual long jump. what would they map it to, anyway? shift the z menu to pause and have L become crouch?
kaZaam
(Jul 14, 2016 at 10:50 PM)T-man Wrote: Yeah, it's unfortunate the long jump was axed considering it's an incredibly satisfying maneuver to perform, but I totally get why it had to be cut for Sunshine. Using the long jump and hover in conjunction with one another would trivialize a lot of the platforming.
mayb they shoulda added a separate nozzle like the rocket one except horizontal and doesnt shoot you as far. itd be like a tradeoff for th hover nozzle w higher risk/reward

eh yea maybe it was just a not-enough-buttons thing
fucker5
We need another Mario Sunshine. I love both galaxies but there were still two of them in a row, and then nothing

I want another innovative open-ended mario platformer
Draku
(Jul 15, 2016 at 12:05 AM)Toaster Wrote: We need another Mario Sunshine. I love both galaxies but there were still two of them in a row, and then nothing

I want another innovative open-ended mario platformer
give me sm64 2

i mean shit nintendo you can even go for the nostalgia angle at this point

cmon
[Image: s2n7oi.png]
fucker5
Famous retro game Super Mario 64
Draku
(Jul 15, 2016 at 12:15 AM)Toaster Wrote: Famous retro game Super Mario 64
i just realized that current nintendo would never actually make a mario 64 sequel but instead maybe just make an hd release of it without any of the ds content added in on a superior platform that allows for analog control

fuck
fucker5
I dunno if you're saying removing the DS content is a good or bad thing. I liked it personally, although I'd want them to add a legacy mode where you can pick between normal 64 and DS. Or at least just make it so you start with Mario again. the DS character system messed with the pacing of the game imo
T-man
The fact that you start the game with Yoshi pissed me off.

HOW DID YOSHI GO FROM SLEEPING ON TOP OF THE CASTLE TO SLEEPING ON THE GROUND
fucker5
he sleeps around Smug
Draku
(Jul 15, 2016 at 12:19 AM)Toaster Wrote: I dunno if you're saying removing the DS content is a good or bad thing. I liked it personally, although I'd want them to add a legacy mode where you can pick between normal 64 and DS. Or at least just make it so you start with Mario again. the DS character system messed with the pacing of the game imo
i was saying it'd be a bad thing. as in, nintendo would absolutely be the sorts to make a remake and then not include what a prior remake already had in as bonuses.

starting as yoshi was stupid, but i thought the unlockable character deal was actually beneficial to the pacing aside from getting mario.
fucker5
yea starting as yoshi was my only real problem, especially because after you get mario you basically never use him

i'd personally make it so you start as mario and beating goomboss gives you yoshi instead, then add more reason to use yoshi somehow

e: though goomboss was basically made to be fought as yoshi lol
Mario
[deleted]
Spritanium
Waluigi was sick that day
[Image: supercorrect.png]
Mario
[deleted]
T-man
(Jul 15, 2016 at 2:42 AM)wtl Wrote: speaking of mario lore what's the deal with the canon status of super mario 64 ds? do mario & luigi usually invite wario just to hang out

I think Wario crashing the party is canon.
T-man
[Image: PiPfHX2.png]

yup

luigi too
Mario
[deleted]
kaZaam

>wario and fuckin LUIGI crashed the party

maybe waluigi is like luigi's tyler durden cause that doesnt sound like him and like why tf would he kick it w/ wario otherwise. i mean if anybody in the marioverse has a personality disorder it's him