Dogs are really just terrible animals

Pedigree
Your ill-experience with dogs is you not doing your research and going with the first dog you come across. Dogs all have their own personalities and it's 100% about finding the right one. Dogs can be quiet and passive, you can also train the borks out of them. Like legit the only reason I can see you hating on dogs is if you hate exercise, since you can't keep them cooped up all day.
T-man
I'm very lucky to have a dog who's very quiet and only barks when he sees a squirrel, he does cry like a bitch when he's left alone though. He's a great companion and I love him very much. Other dogs are great too though, but there are some shitters who are just loud bitchy fucks. Probably a reflection of their owner. Carrot
Spritanium
I like dogs

I like cats

Idk why people arbitrarily hate one or the other, go buy a fucking salamander or some shit and leave the cool pets for us normal people
[Image: supercorrect.png]
Yrrzy
dogs smell funny and i dont like barks

cats are soft and purr
Pedigree
if the dog smells funny you should bathe them

if they bark you should work on training them
Spritanium
The only time a dog should bark is when somebody's approaching your house, and they should stop when you tell them to

I tend to prefer cats too, but I can't stand cat lovers who like cats because they're "more well-behaved"

Cats are easy because they don't fucking do anything; it takes more effort to make a dog behave itself, and hardly anybody is actually willing to put said effort in. Every obnoxious loud dog you've ever seen has been the result of a lazy idiot owner. Dogs that have been trained properly are some of the most helpful and trustworthy companions we can have.
[Image: supercorrect.png]
kaZaam
dogs are like kids, cats are like roommates
[Image: nIMDSBE.png]
Pedigree
A dog will play with you and let you cuddle them.

A cat will let you pet them and then tell you to fuck off and hide under the bed the rest of the day.
Pedigree
And that is every cat I've ever had. They seem to tolerate you just long enough to get what they want while a dog will shower you with all the affection.
Draku
(Mar 9, 2017 at 5:45 PM)Pedigree Wrote: A dog will play with you and let you cuddle them.

A cat will let you pet them and then tell you to fuck off and hide under the bed the rest of the day.
plenty of cats are eager to stick around and curl up with their owners, in fact a common complaint about them is that they like to be pushy and will try to stay on people's laps to keep them company when they don't want it at the moment

they'll never beat dogs at the pushy game though cause they don't tackle anybody for it
[Image: s2n7oi.png]
Yoshin
honestly fuck mammals, every cat, dog, mouse or rabbit I've had was super shit compared to my old turtle and bird.
Pea
im allergic to cats
T-man
i thought we settled this cat vs dog shit

[Image: 5shbLF9.png]
Draku
wasn't that won because the initial algorhythm for splatfests was awful and valued headcounts over skill
fucker5
I like cats and dogs
fucker5
I've only ever had a pet dog but the neighborhood cats having been coming around to visit our house a lot more often recently. Sometimes my mom lets them inside. I've seen one cat peek in my room a few times but she's scared of me. Cute though
Vertette
One time when I was a kid I got assaulted by a dog and had to undergo surgery

Can't say I'm a fan
Fun With Despair
I've never had a good interaction with a cat. They all just hate me by default and hiss at me if I even get a little close, even if I don't make noise or try and touch them or anything.

Meanwhile even stray dogs stop barking if I look at them right way, and most dogs instantly are friendly and obey me easily enough.

I'll take that over the animal that makes a clear sign of hating my guts from across the room.
Draku
(Mar 12, 2017 at 3:56 PM)Vertette Wrote: One time when I was a kid I got assaulted by a dog and had to undergo surgery

Can't say I'm a fan
i have some trauma from when i was assaulted by a dog as a child myself but it's been so long that i have no idea what directly caused it. idk if i was being a dumbass or not so i didnt mention it in this thread.

(Mar 12, 2017 at 4:41 PM)Fun With Despair Wrote: I've never had a good interaction with a cat. They all just hate me by default and hiss at me if I even get a little close, even if I don't make noise or try and touch them or anything.

Meanwhile even stray dogs stop barking if I look at them right way, and most dogs instantly are friendly and obey me easily enough.

I'll take that over the animal that makes a clear sign of hating my guts from across the room.
pretty much the opposite situation here, all dogs hate me by default. i get that it's the "they sense your fear" bullshit but even when i do the supposedly right things they don't leave me alone and their owner has to do something about them. the one time i did get a dog to like me well enough they just bit me later on in the same day with no provocation or reason, so... not very much incentive to get friendly with one ever again
To clarify; I was savagely bitten by a dog, had a dog that just shit everywhere, and now I am stuck with a dog that I don't really want(it's my sister's who just thought she'd buy a dog one day and then not take care of it). So it's not on some haterade type shit, I genuinely just have not had good experiences with dogs.

In the process of training this pit/lab rn and it's a hassle but the pay off is defintely worth it. Love seeing him learn new tricks and not be a cunt but fuck; compare this to a cat which you can just get, show him where the litter is and he/she just knows.

In summary, i'm not a cat or dog person i'm a time person. i have a job, school and a waifu. whatever i can provide the best care to with the least amount of investment is my choice