Shroomguy
Anyone here do LARP? Ever thought about doing LARP?

For those of you who may not know, LARP is live action role playing. You take on the role of a character sort of like in dungeons and dragons or online rolepaying, and you go out and quest/fight/celebrate.

We just had our first full successful day of Amtgard. It's a pretty combat heavy, with schmeckles of roleplay here and there. We had like ten peeps show up and it was hella fun. I think someone took pics but I don't got them. I will likely use this thread to share about my future escapades.
The Beef Baron
Yrrzy
does LAERP exist
Shroomguy
(Jul 3, 2016 at 11:27 PM)Yrr Wrote: does LAERP exist

Probably, yeah. I've never done it though lol.
The Beef Baron
kaZaam
uhhhh

like five years ago me and 2 other fuckrs played hide n seek in the dark except the seeker pretended to be a demon monster thing and it was scary af and weirdly easy to get into
kaZaam
honestly i'd be down to play it again lmao
[Image: nIMDSBE.png]
Shroomguy
That sounds really fun honestly. I love running around doin' stuff like that. Whenever I played hide and seek (or "MANHUNT" because we were fukken epic maaaan) at night it always kinda gave me the creeps anyhow. I remember one time we were at a family friend's place and we had walkie talkies and binoculars and stuff. Tonnes of fun.

[Image: rbyc7qP.jpg]

Oh yeah, so apparently the kingdom we're a part of (Goldenvale) minted coins and our visitors just gave us some (super cool brugs for sure) but I have no idea what we should do with them.
Shroomguy
Bumping to show off some of my gear

[Image: zwixp3.jpg]

[Image: 2mxedq8.jpg]

I'm going to update this thread with more stories and junk from my quests of valor and stupidity. Classics such as "Why are we gathering herbs near the druggie bridge troll" and "How I prosecuted a meat golem."
The Beef Baron
Yrrzy
(Dec 23, 2016 at 7:13 AM)Shroomguy Wrote: Bumping to show off some of my gear

i knew LAERP existed!
Shroomguy
The polearms are for that, silly.
The Beef Baron
Beako
I'd do it if I had anybody to do it with. Same goes for D&D.
Shroomguy
Depending on your area, you might be closer to a chapter than you think. I've made some great friends in Amtgard thus far. There are other LARP groups that are less fighty as well, if that's more your thing.

Speaking of fighting, went and got myself some armor! Normally I play the Monk class, which can use every melee weapon and some throwing weapons and is immune to a lot of the magic in the game. The tradeoff being no armor (and no shields for that matter)

[Image: 3463rq1.jpg]

Since I'm probably going to play Scout (Jack of all trades, can track sneaky types) or Barbarian (Breaks people's armor, has some immunity to magics), I figured the protection would help. Fits pretty well, spent about 50 bucks on it which is not too shabby for this sort of thing.
The Beef Baron
Elyk
(Dec 23, 2016 at 7:13 AM)Shroomguy Wrote: [Image: zwixp3.jpg]

What are those small things on the right?
Shroomguy
Those are light thrown weapons, used by the assassin class. They were made to resemble shotgun shells or bullets, to compliment the dagger that sorta looked like a pistol
The Beef Baron
Elyk
So you're a bad enough dude to just throw the bullets?
Shroomguy
Badder than old king Kong. They're honestly some of the better weapons imo. You can throw them really quickly and just rip through dudes in armor.

I was playing a bandit NPC and this armored warrior wouldn't pay my toll. So as I let him walk by I just threw em' all at him. (His lady friend did give me gold though so she was fine)
The Beef Baron
rtsmarty
I think there's a LARP group near where I live. They gather in the woods, where I take my dog out.

It's pretty big. A good 20 or so people sometimes. They dress in cloaks and armour and shit and carry plastic swords and axes or staves or something. A few months back I heard them and it seemed they were having a trial.

Not really interested to try it myself.
Fun With Despair
i'd only larp if a group let me hit them with real weapons

so I'll never larp basically
Spritanium
(Dec 23, 2016 at 7:13 AM)Shroomguy Wrote: Bumping to show off some of my gear

[Image: 2mxedq8.jpg]

I'm going to update this thread with more stories and junk from my quests of valor and stupidity. Classics such as "Why are we gathering herbs near the druggie bridge troll" and "How I prosecuted a meat golem."
If I didn't know what these photos were of, I'd think it was some sort of padded practice BDSM kit
[Image: supercorrect.png]
T-man
i had cooler swords when i was a kid
Spritanium
(Jan 1, 2017 at 10:30 AM)Fun With Despair Wrote: i'd only larp if a group let me hit them with real weapons

so I'll never larp basically

Can you imagine when AR takes off? LARPing will be terrifying when you see a knight in shining neckbeard barreling toward you, swinging a medieval flail with blood lust in his eyes
[Image: supercorrect.png]