Vertette
Every physical store in the biggest city in my country, and every digital store I've looked, ran out of Switches and will need at least a few weeks to obtain more. Meanwhile this DJ Coco asshole from bumblefuck, Austria can pick them up no problem. You'd think after the Wii, amiibo and NES Classic Edition, Nintendo would learn how to properly supply stores with their products.

So people can fucking buy them?
Yrrzy
its an intentional business strategy they've been using for years

scarcity increases percieved value
T-man
(Mar 11, 2017 at 9:30 PM)Vertette Wrote: Every physical store in the biggest city in my country, and every digital store I've looked, ran out of Switches and will need at least a few weeks to obtain more. Meanwhile this DJ Coco asshole from bumblefuck, Austria can pick them up no problem. You'd think after the Wii, amiibo and NES Classic Edition, Nintendo would learn how to properly supply stores with their products.

So people can fucking buy them?
see
(Mar 11, 2017 at 9:55 PM)🦌Yrr🦌 Wrote: its an intentional business strategy they've been using for years

scarcity increases percieved value
The stars aligned for me to get my Switch without a preorder the day after launch, but I spent launch day turning over stores so I understand your frustration.

Scalpers are a cancer that need to be purged.
Pedigree
The NES Classic Mini was only successful in the first place because they are scarce. If they weren't so scarce it'd be just like another one of those cheap plug and play genesis systems with pre-loaded roms. Sure, they'd sell a few, but not many. Amiibo and the Wii are also huge examples of such practices being hugely profitable.

However after they failed so badly with the Wii U, you can't really blame them for not pushing out more consoles than they can sell (especially in Spring which is usually a bad time to launch video games). Plus, limiting stock also has the advantage that they can get production issues fixed so that you don't end up with faulty hardware like a few unlucky day-wunners did.

Have patience and by the time you do finally get one there will be more games and features anyway.
Vertette
(Mar 11, 2017 at 10:45 PM)Pedigree Wrote: The NES Classic Mini was only successful in the first place because they are scarce. If they weren't so scarce it'd be just like another one of those cheap plug and play genesis systems with pre-loaded roms. Sure, they'd sell a few, but not many.

I don't know, I saw a lot of interest in the NES Classic drop immediately when no one could get one and they were selling for more than €100 online because of scalpers.