God
ayy sup mfags i've made some new content for my blog, this is the first since the end of old MW so i made a new topic for it. this latest post is a bit different from the other posts that focus on canon trans characters. this time around i decided to take a look at the fan-art and shipping culture of Overwatch. i hope you enjyo xxx

ps: as always, please let me know if there are any trans characters you'd like to see me look at for future posts. the blog focuses on anime, manga, webcomic and video games. peace
"If Your Plate Doesn't Have Any Beef On It, Send It Back To The Hecking Cafeteria!!!" - OracularRELOADED
sealelement
I thoroughly enjoyed your writeup on Hana from Tokyo Godfathers; I was aware that the film featured a trans woman character, but I've come to have low expectations regarding anime and anything LGBTQ, so I avoided it out of concern that it'd just turn the trans woman into a punchline. However, your essay persuaded me into giving this movie a shot.

If you do want suggestions for characters, I didn't see Chihiro Fujisaki from Dangan Ronpa 1 on that list. Chihiro is the first example that comes to my mind as a sort-of trans anime character that just comes off as frustrating in execution, but without necessarily being a punchline. Also, I believe that the eponymous character of the shooter game Destiny's The Taken King DLC is a transman.

I'm obviously gonna follow your blog, and I'm looking forward to more write-ups.

i really hope this thread isn't a meme or bait
100% pure gamer 100%
God
(Mar 13, 2017 at 7:50 AM)sealelement Wrote: I thoroughly enjoyed your writeup on Hana from Tokyo Godfathers; I was aware that the film featured a trans woman character, but I've come to have low expectations regarding anime and anything LGBTQ, so I avoided it out of concern that it'd just turn the trans woman into a punchline. However, your essay persuaded me into giving this movie a shot.

If you do want suggestions for characters, I didn't see Chihiro Fujisaki from Dangan Ronpa 1 on that list. Chihiro is the first example that comes to my mind as a sort-of trans anime character that just comes off as frustrating in execution, but without necessarily being a punchline. Also, I believe that the eponymous character of the shooter game Destiny's The Taken King DLC is a transman.

I'm obviously gonna follow your blog, and I'm looking forward to more write-ups.

thank you for this comment <3. reading things like this makes all the research worthwhile. I'll look into Chihiro Fujisaki. all the content so far is p much character appraisal so i would like to take a look at more 'problematic' characters.

PS: this thread isn't bait!
God
someone got in touch with me regarding the part of my post regarding genderswapping. they disagreed with what i said about it being an inherently queer gesture and referenced this post.. it's definitely a topic that i want to look into further as it deserves its own post. what do you guys think about genderswapping? do you perceive it to be a transphobic gesture?
"If Your Plate Doesn't Have Any Beef On It, Send It Back To The Hecking Cafeteria!!!" - OracularRELOADED
Fun With Despair
(Mar 13, 2017 at 7:50 AM)sealelement Wrote: I thoroughly enjoyed your writeup on Hana from Tokyo Godfathers; I was aware that the film featured a trans woman character, but I've come to have low expectations regarding anime and anything LGBTQ, so I avoided it out of concern that it'd just turn the trans woman into a punchline. However, your essay persuaded me into giving this movie a shot.

Don't do Chihiro.

Chihiro is not a transsexual character. He dressed as a girl because he was small and did not want to be bullied. He does not actually want to be a girl and instead spends his time in the first Danganronpa game attempting to work out and do other things to make him more masculine so he can actually stop pretending to be a girl.

I don't care much about this blog but I like the series and I feel that presenting him as a trans character is a bad thing considering he's not.
Yrrzy
i got into Heated Debate about that cause i came away interpreting it that way too and other people seemed to see them as a trans girl when their situation speaks more of trans man stuff but through the eyes of a cis guy
Pedigree
That was a good read, I rather enjoyed it. I hope you share more of your works here!