Why is windows 10 such a piece of shit

Spritanium
I've famously defended windows 10 throughout its entire lifespan but I'm ready to admit now that it's just a steaming pile of fuck

It feels like driving a 1992 Honda Civic whose pizza delivery boy owner has put in thousands of dollars just to fool people into thinking it's a newer & faster car, meanwhile the engine chugs along unmaintained and neglected

I have been trying for WEEKS to get these fucking bluetooth headphones to connect (something that takes two seconds on android) but nope

ITT post about how windows sucks
[Image: supercorrect.png]
NobodyHere
I think every operating system has its flaws, I've never tried blue tooth on Windows 10, so I don't know. I personally enjoy Windows 10, a few things are stupid like the Telemetry and Data Collection easy enough to turn of with registry but still annoying.
Oh hai thare.
Spritanium
I like it visually, that's it

And even then it's underwhelming

I liked the direction they seemed to be taking with Windows 8, but then they fucked it up and backpedaled everything so now we're left with a buggy reskinned version of Windows 7. I have never encountered so many bugs during the day-to-day use of a non-beta operating system as I have with Win10

It honestly just makes me want to switch to OSX; it's a piece of shit too but at least it works
Draku
win7 still works just as well as the day it was released, you know
[Image: s2n7oi.png]
Yrrzy
i switched to win10 on the final day of free upgrades and i dont rly have any issues with it
Briraka
i survived the free upgrade-ageddon, so i'm stuck with 8.1.

it's okay, however i don't remember 7 freezing up on me as much, at least until my previous computer died.
Yrrzy
i dont think ive had any issues w/ 10 that i didnt have w/ 7, and in fact i think ive had less issues overall since upgrading

but i think shit rly depends what u use it for etc
T-man
Had it since launch and never had a problem with it
T-man
Also Bluetooth anything on any PC is dumb and no where near as intuitive as Bluetooth on smart phones.
Draku
(Mar 14, 2017 at 8:25 PM)T-man Wrote: Also Bluetooth anything on any PC is dumb and no where near as intuitive as Bluetooth on smart phones.
the only bluetooth thing i have ever done was connecting an xbone controller to two different win7 PCs and it was as easy as plugging in a generic bluetooth dongle and pressing the sync button on the controller both times with the connect bluetooth devices menu up. what isn't intuitive about that
Spritanium
(Mar 14, 2017 at 6:48 PM)Draku Wrote: win7 still works just as well as the day it was released, you know
Poor multi-monitor support, no built in SSD optimization, will try to defragment SSDs which can dramatically reduce their lifespan, and it's riddled with dialogs that haven't been updated since 1995

It may work just as well as when it was released, but technology has improved since then
Draku
(Mar 14, 2017 at 9:21 PM)Spritanium Wrote: Poor multi-monitor support
Never had an issue with it and I use 2 monitors all of the time. Literally the only "issue" is setting a wallpaper which is also natively supported if you know how to set up the image file.

(Mar 14, 2017 at 9:21 PM)Spritanium Wrote: no built in SSD optimization
Dunno what this would entail as I don't use Win10 but my SSDs have always performed great on it.

(Mar 14, 2017 at 9:21 PM)Spritanium Wrote: will try to defragment SSDs which can dramatically reduce their lifespan
Nope, it doesn't. I was actually scared of this when I made my most recent fresh install last year and went and looked. All SSDs had it disabled without me doing a single thing whereas my normal HDDs had defrags scheduled normally.
Spritanium
That must have been included in an update. For awhile win7 would defragment SSDs no questions asked

Also regarding multi monitor support, 7 doesn't let you have a taskbar on any additional monitors
Yrrzy
getting a new taskbar with win10 and the snapping stuff across multiple monitors was real nice
Draku
(Mar 14, 2017 at 11:43 PM)Spritanium Wrote: Also regarding multi monitor support, 7 doesn't let you have a taskbar on any additional monitors
do you mean having two taskbars? i guess i'd have to say i never saw any use for a feature like that but i suppose that's a point. if you mean moving the taskbar between monitors that's a thing