You're sitting, playing your favorite game, and a wizard suddenly appears

Fun With Despair
He's a friendly guy, dressed in typical wizard clothes. Sort of an odd fellow, but he loves your taste in vidya and watches you play for a bit. Impressed by your skill, he offers you one of a few magical potions that will change reality and the gaming industry when consumed.

>Red Potion: Hard Mode

All video games will be far more skill-based. Games can have a great story and characters, but will be genuinely challenging to compensate. However, most games now also feature an easy mode option that tunes the gameplay down while also disabling achievements and the true end.

>Green Potion: Fair Funding

All games crowdfunded on kickstarter and the like MUST come out delivering on all promises, or the developers will face harsh legal consequences. Patreon as platform also disallows game developers or anyone in the gaming media from using it. However as a result, less indie games overall are made out of fear, although the ones that are are higher quality.

>Blue Potion: Chill Pill

Console wars cease, and no one will berate anyone for their choice again. All consoles, as well as PC, all have a library of almost entirely frequent exclusives. All games are also only half as expensive to compensate. However, every emulator for a console past the Wii will ever exist, and current ones are wiped from the earth. Any emulator from an era before then is perfected, and you no longer need to ever worry about a game running poorly

>Yellow Potion: Casualization

You don't notice much of a change at first, but then it hits you as you go about your day. Gone, are the limits of your taste in games. You can now enjoy any game for what it is, even if it's a casual game. You still enjoy games you enjoyed before, and you can still criticize and frown on games with stuff like microtransactions, but no matter what game you play, you will enjoy it for one reason or another.

>White Potion: A Dream Come True

You will receive a budget of however much you need, and whatever game studio you want to make your ideal dream game. You cannot spend the money on anything besides the development of the game. You'll be able to publish and sell the game for every platform once it launches, but audiences WILL treat the game how it deserves. If it is bad and only panders to you, it will sell poorly, you will make no money, and you may even go deep into debt.

>Black Potion: Despair's Last Reward

All games, consoles, and other platforms are destroyed instantly, except for the ones you like, or will like if you haven't played them. All future games and platforms will perfectly cater to your tastes, if not always the tastes of others, and you will get them for free. However, everyone knows what you did, and what you chose. Some may ally themselves with you in defense of your taste, but many will despise you forever. Some may even hunt you down.

>No Potion

You refuse the potions and just play some co-op with the wizard. He is a little worse than you, but he tries his best and the gaming session is fun. He goes away, back to whatever wizard land he came from, but he leaves you a device to summon him whenever to play games with. You may not have changed gaming, but you've made a friend.

What'll it be?
Draku
white potion is the only choice. i need this.
[Image: s2n7oi.png]
Two_Finger
no potion best potion
I'm already going the way of yellow anywyas
Aidan
probably the red
i'd play a lot more games if more were designed to have interesting skill-based challenges

i guess that assuming they'd also be good games tho
Pedigree
blue potion
Yoshin
red or no potion
Yellow; I always wanted to be a flithy casual.
Yrrzy
obviously white potion???
Spritanium
White potion is the obvious choice but I'd go with No Potion because having a wizard friend would be badass
[Image: supercorrect.png]
AWFADragNaut
Blue or green I feel

I'd love white potion as I have had ideas floating about for a while, but I don't really have confidence in my skill to be able to pull it off. At least, not yet.
Briraka
this wizard must be living under a rock, because my vidya skills are shiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiit...

but yeah, i'd go with green. i would have chosen white, but i figure that if a supernatural being offered me the chance to change the world, i'd want to go with the one that would most likely have a positive effect on society.
T-man
I'm having a really difficult time choosing between white and blue

Maybe even black.
T-man
Maybe even the green potion actually. I'm really fucking sick of indies diluting the market with low energy DUDE PIXELS LMAO trash. There's nothing wrong with developing independently, but so many people are doing it and selling their mediocrity.
Yrrzy
as an indie the green option upsets me cause id rather people be able to make whatever they want than Only Serious Professionals

if green option was that some kind of predictive system stopped people from shitting out low-effort moneymaking schemes then fair enough but rn green hurts the indie scene more than it helps it
Fun With Despair
It's time for Uncle FWD's Clarification Corner!

(Mar 15, 2017 at 6:41 PM)T-man Wrote: I'm having a really difficult time choosing between white and blue

Maybe even black.

Black Potion by far has the greatest outcome for you personally, offering essentially a lifetime of nothing but games like the White Potion would give you, but for free with no effort on your part.

The drawback would just make you a worldwide pariah, but if you don't care about that....

(Mar 15, 2017 at 6:55 PM)🦌Yrr🦌 Wrote: as an indie the green option upsets me cause id rather people be able to make whatever they want than Only Serious Professionals

if green option was that some kind of predictive system stopped people from shitting out low-effort moneymaking schemes then fair enough but rn green hurts the indie scene more than it helps it
Green Potion does not stop anyone from engaging in indie development at all. Even the occasional shit indie titles would still be made I suppose. The ONLY thing it does is ensure that anyone who engages in crowdfunding is legally bound to deliver on their promises and release a decent game, preventing scams and shit like Tim Schafer blowing his 3.3 million dollars on stuff other than the game.

It also nukes Patreon for game devs I guess, but good fucking riddance, as Patreon in game development serves only to draw out development time and keep the game in limbo to keep getting free shit.
Yrrzy
but then we'd never get news like this
Pea
white potion any time
sealelement
how attractive is the wizard? does he only dress in wizard clothes, or does he have a good sense of fashion when he's not wizarding?
100% pure gamer 100%
T-man
(Mar 20, 2017 at 2:23 AM)sealelement Wrote: how attractive is the wizard? does he only dress in wizard clothes, or does he have a good sense of fashion when he's not wizarding?

He wears a robe because he's hung like a horse, his fashion sense is irrelevant Drool
fucker5
im allready yellow pilled.