You know what the most hype anime is ever though

I mean if you didn't get hyped as hell watching this as a kid you just fuckin suck
Yoshin
that aint macross
i wasnt blessed enough to have macross playing on cartoon network
Yrrzy
i was always confused like, why they looked tired and hurt after playing with plastic spinning tops

like what the fuck were THEY doing
Looks like a mix of cardio, parkour and intergalactic gliding with some extra loud yelling and internal monologue

beyblade is basically the goat of animes when it comes to animeness
Yrrzy
also what the fuck did kai learn in his SECRET RUSSIAN BEYBLADE TRAINING

again like they dont DO anything the tops do all the work

was it just like childhood training on how to let it rip
Pedigree

>liking beyblade

Oh Brother...
Pedigree
this show exists solely to sell merchandise and doesn't even do that very well imo
Yrrzy
i legitimately dont know how much of the plot as i remember it was real
Aidan
kai greatest anime heel y/y?
(Mar 16, 2017 at 11:43 PM)Pedigree Wrote: this show exists solely to sell merchandise and doesn't even do that very well imo

idk maybe if you're looking back but like I said as a kid????? this shit was like crack; cool anime guys basically causing natural disasters and destruction around them all because of a plastic( or ig metal now) spinning top. super badass

but I've always been easily amused so fuck it.
but yeah; don't remember shit about the plot either. besides Ray being best boy and Hilary being bitch waifu
Pedigree
As a kid I more fell for the Yugioh trap (the original). Beyblade was way more obviously an exploitative marketing scheme and I really couldn't get into it as a result.
Pedigree
also I never found the concept of battling spinning tops all that epic
Aidan
anyway i didn't watch the whole video but it looks like it's not the one where kai's beyblade spins so fast it freezes all the air and creates a huge ice dome around them and tyson has to win fast or he'll freeze to death so fuck this thread
Draku
(Mar 16, 2017 at 11:52 PM)BlasterMaster Wrote: anyway i didn't watch the whole video but it looks like it's not the one where kai's beyblade spins so fast it freezes all the air and creates a huge ice dome around them and tyson has to win fast or he'll freeze to death so fuck this thread
WHAT
[Image: s2n7oi.png]
(Mar 16, 2017 at 11:50 PM)Pedigree Wrote: As a kid I more fell for the Yugioh trap (the original). Beyblade was way more obviously an exploitative marketing scheme and I really couldn't get into it as a result.

this is a good post when you realize they were both the exact same type of trap.
Pedigree
unlike Beyblade though, Yugioh had the epic shit where the cards came to life with giant monsters and shit and Beyblade was literally just spinning tops with random elemental capabilities from what I remember
(Mar 16, 2017 at 11:52 PM)BlasterMaster Wrote: anyway i didn't watch the whole video but it looks like it's not the one where kai's beyblade spins so fast it freezes all the air and creates a huge ice dome around them and tyson has to win fast or he'll freeze to death so fuck this thread

>he doesnt mention the scene where kai "dies" because of his extreme blading

(Mar 16, 2017 at 11:58 PM)Pedigree Wrote: unlike Beyblade though, Yugioh had the epic shit where the cards came to life with giant monsters and shit and Beyblade was literally just spinning tops with random elemental capabilities from what I remember

Elemental monsters fighting each other while spinning tops were causing mayhem everywhere.

Different approach, exact same thing. Yu-gi-oh was gr8 too tho