Don't post in this thread till Persona 5 is out

Pedigree
I have never played a Persona game, what's so great about it?
SP, Why do you ruin everything?

Persona is a good series because it blends together RPG & Simulation elements while still telling a compelling and interesting story. This latest entry doing all of those extremely well, with a graphical overhaul and new elements they added...I'm eagerly anticipating it to say the least.

And that's not even mentioning the glorious waifus like big booty makoto. So, yeah, check out persona if you havent
NOW GET THE FUCK OUT OF HERE

12 days
Two_Finger
(Mar 22, 2017 at 8:40 PM)Pedigree Wrote: I have never played a Persona game, what's so great about it?

's comfy
[Image: GrFo47K.jpg]
Ay suck a catepillar dick and follow the rules.

10 days
ONE MORE DAY JESUS CHRIST
sealelement
can i post here now? is it ok to post?
100% pure gamer 100%
Two_Finger
I posted
Elyk
is the game any good?

only stuff i have heard is that the localization is garbage
Yoshi2
I've also seen people talk about the localization being garbage. Is it that bad?
I personally haven't had any issues with it; maybe I'm coming off the hype train but honestly, only a couple lines strike me as awkward and it's just typical anime "Can't be helped" shit like that
Draku
(Apr 5, 2017 at 6:31 PM)zelma Wrote: I personally haven't had any issues with it; maybe I'm coming off the hype train but honestly, only a couple lines strike me as awkward and it's just typical anime "Can't be helped" shit like that
I've seen random lines posted out of context and it seems like the usual deal where people are getting upset at a straightforward literal translation that sounds slightly silly because they didn't rewrite the line as if an american high schooler wrote it.

That and localizing internet shit to Other internet shit which is somehow horrible.
[Image: s2n7oi.png]
Pea
my twitter dash made it sound like the game was put thru google translate
Yo..this fucking game
Fun With Despair
I wanted to pop in late here and bring some stuff up regarding the translation.

Not only do the groups who claim it's bad praise the notoriously awful FE: Fates translation but almost every line they give as an example is...

>1. A minor typo

Not even a mistranslation. Just a typo. Something almost every piece of media ever just happens to contain, except people overlook them there.

Ex. "Kamoshida was a scum"

>2. Lacking voice context

Most of the game is voice acted, and every line given by the translation critic is not given vocal accompaniment. This is to cherrypick and make perfect lines seem wrong. Taken so far out of context, lies, sarcasm, or jokes can be set up as mistranslations, which is exactly what they do

>3. Lacking character context

The characters that get nailed with with this the most are probably Futaba and Mishima, the former of which is a NEET shut in girl and the latter of which is just a fucking social moron. They get slammed by translation critics because a few of their lines are indeed awkward. However they love to ignore the fact that socially awkward lines are in character for these characters, and they do indeed seem odd if you dont know the characters. If you do then they make perfect sense.

tl;dr the translation is legitimately fine, play the fucking game and judge and don't listen to games journalists who praise the worst localization in recent history.
CHESHIRE ☯
Any complaints on translation were null and void the second some guy tried to slam the translation because he took a Japanese class in high school and mistook "と" for the literal "と" on a shogi piece. Also Despair brings up my exact thoughts in all 3 points, especially part 3.

To gush a bit, this is one of the best games in the SMT series and it's very easily the best Persona game.
Yo, so this game is fucking dope. Coming off the high of beating it yesterday, and I gotta talk about it a little bit.

First off, here's the things I agree with the majority on

1.) Goro. Maybe it's because I knew what was good with this character a little before, but I felt like they could've done a better job to make him more compelling and make the twist an actual shock. Initially I thought he was going to come back as the final boss but just shoving him in as a mini-boss in a dungeon to my felt kind of half-assed and overall I just ended up not really giving a damn about him. His dancing all night costume is amazing though, all of his dlc is actually. I WILL say the way they figured out that he was a traitor was super clever. As with the other twist, everything is properly foreshadowed so it doesn't seem like an asspull.
2.) The story at some points kind of drags a little bit, I'll say it's the most in gauging in the beginning, falls off a little in the middle but backs back the fuck up at the end. Certain characters like Haru also suffer unless you do their SS; which unless you've been up on your SS game also is difficult.

But overall, game is amazing. I think this game has the best social links, some of the best characters, MUSIC and dungeons in the persona series. They really took their time with this and it shows, if we get this quality every time a persona is released I have no complaints waiting a while for the next one. I also think this is the first time I've liked a full cast; even Morgana towards the end became a boss. I didn't really like how everyone shit on Ryuji constantly tho; like goddamn man.

If you like RPGs play this one; I thought it was amazing as a fan so if it's your first persona you'll be blown away.
CHESHIRE ☯
(May 23, 2017 at 7:54 PM)zelma Wrote: 1.) Goro. Maybe it's because I knew what was good with this character a little before, but I felt like they could've done a better job to make him more compelling and make the twist an actual shock. Initially I thought he was going to come back as the final boss but just shoving him in as a mini-boss in a dungeon to my felt kind of half-assed and overall I just ended up not really giving a damn about him. His dancing all night costume is amazing though, all of his dlc is actually. I WILL say the way they figured out that he was a traitor was super clever. As with the other twist, everything is properly foreshadowed so it doesn't seem like an asspull.

I actually really like this. You spend a lot of the game building up to finding out about Black Mask, and when it turns out to be Akechi you may feel like this could be a sort of grand twist, despite being a very weak and stale one that's been overused as a trope. I think treating him as smaller menace in the overall plot despite being a pretty serious driving point as a boss fight is smart. His whole thing was how he was feigning maturity, but you slowly learn about his shortcomings, only to then be shown how immature he really is. He was kind of the only character to have a change of heart directly, rather than by having is shadow manipulated, even if it only lasted for the short moments after the boss. Plus, with him gone it really puts you in a position of confusion and concern for who really is the end-all final boss here.

Now you know what I was NOT expecting to have to deal with? Sae FUCKING Niijima and the fact that her palace was the one from the intro, so it wasn't even truly end-game. Now THAT was a wonderful surprise.