Playtonic tells Jontron to fuck off

Spritanium
http://kotaku.com/yooka-laylee-ditches-j...1793570816

Quote:Recently, popular YouTuber Jon “JonTron” Jafari made some damn extreme comments about race, which set off a chain reaction of, well, reactions across the internet. The latest consequence of Jafari’s ugly remarks: upcoming N64-era platformer revival game Yooka-Laylee is removing his voice acting.

“JonTron is a talented video presenter who we were initially, two years ago, happy to include as a voice contributor in our game,” they said. “However, in light of his recent personal viewpoints we have made the decision to remove JonTron’s inclusion in the game via a forthcoming content update.”

“We would like to make absolutely clear that we do not endorse or support JonTron’s personal viewpoints and that, as an external fan contributor, he does not represent Playtonic in any capacity,” they added. “Playtonic is a studio that celebrates diversity in all forms and strives to make games that everyone can enjoy. As such, we deeply regret any implied association that could make players feel anything but 100% comfortable in our game worlds, or distract from the incredible goodwill and love shown by our fans and Kickstarter backers.”

TALK SHIT GET HIT (or your dreams crushed)
[Image: supercorrect.png]
Aidan
lmao get fucked nerd
looks like a poor white boy is more likely to get fired than a rich black man
his videos were cool but never understood his extreme popularity. what made him start saying stupid shit again?
T-man
(Mar 23, 2017 at 8:15 PM)zelma Wrote: his videos were cool but never understood his extreme popularity. what made him start saying stupid shit again?
He made the grave mistake of revealing his /pol/ power level on a stream with some guy named Destiny.

geno7
i feel so bad because like i used to really love jon but hes become such a shithead

how much more of this is it gonna take before he realizes hes being a shithead
[Image: fsMwICg.gif]
T-man
(Mar 23, 2017 at 8:30 PM)Greeno Wrote: i feel so bad because like i used to really love jon but hes become such a shithead

how much more of this is it gonna take before he realizes hes being a shithead
He won't. Being publicly shamed will only lead to him doubling down on his beliefs but he will likely never speak of them again, or maybe not.

[Image: 7q5CEuw.png]
Draku
wait was jon in because he paid to be in on the kickstarter, because if so them removing him because he said things that upset people is hilariously stupid.

if he was in due to an agreement it's not as fucked up, but still silly of them.
[Image: s2n7oi.png]
T-man
(Mar 23, 2017 at 8:42 PM)Draku Wrote: wait was jon in because he paid to be in on the kickstarter, because if so them removing him because he said things that upset people is hilariously stupid.

if he was in due to an agreement it's not as fucked up, but still silly of them.
As far as I'm aware it was set up over Twitter, he didn't buy his way into it.

I don't think there's anything silly about what they did, they just wanted to avoid the inevitable shit storm. NeoGAFers were grilling members of the Playtonic on Twitter about Jon still being in the game so they buckled. I have a pretty strong suspicion that the Old Guard at Playtonic doesn't actually care.

[Image: TMjF79h.jpg]
Spritanium
It's not silly it's hilarious
Spritanium
Also I linked to Kotaku because the article is just fine
sealelement
this thread is already going places
100% pure gamer 100%
Spritanium
Don't become a shitstorm

You can do this Minus World
T-man
(Mar 23, 2017 at 8:57 PM)sealelement Wrote: this thread is already going places

We're on the highway to Hell
T-man
(Mar 23, 2017 at 8:59 PM)Spritanium Wrote: Don't become a shitstorm

You can do this Minus World

[Image: Screenshot_142.png]
mit
i like nintendo better than sega
[Image: 13a3785a5b.png] [Image: 589794956a.png] [Image: fef8774bcc.png] [Image: 589794956a.png] [Image: f5cb2d4fad.png] [Image: 589794956a.png] [Image: b7385c9f62.png]
Draku
(Mar 23, 2017 at 8:46 PM)T-man Wrote: I have a pretty strong suspicion that the Old Guard at Playtonic doesn't actually care.
that's actually what's got me most confused about all this. dk64 had watermelons for a life meter, i didn't expect Old Rare to be the type to worry about not seeming PC
[Image: s2n7oi.png]
Aidan
(Mar 23, 2017 at 9:35 PM)mit Wrote: i like nintendo better than sega

*rips open jacket to reveal dreamcast t-shirt and samba de amigo necklace* what did you just say motherfucker
T-man
(Mar 23, 2017 at 9:39 PM)Draku Wrote:
(Mar 23, 2017 at 8:46 PM)T-man Wrote: I have a pretty strong suspicion that the Old Guard at Playtonic doesn't actually care.
that's actually what's got me most confused about all this. dk64 had watermelons for a life meter, i didn't expect Old Rare to be the type to worry about not seeming PC

Yeah, and that's why the celebration on NeoGAF leaves a bitter taste in my mouth. They clearly aren't doing this because they necessarily wanted to. If they did they would have announced this of their own accord the day after this bullshit came to light, not after enough people bitched at them over Twitter.

What especially gets my knickers in a twist are all the drones saying "This game's on my radar now!" as if the game itself is somehow better because of this.

>inb4 it is better because a racist isn't making unintelligible garble noises in it ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Fun With Despair
meanwhile this guy was allowed to work on the new mass effect lol

[Image: dzl7q2u.jpg]
T-man
(Mar 23, 2017 at 10:03 PM)Fun With Despair Wrote: meanwhile this guy was allowed to work on the new mass effect lol

[Image: dzl7q2u.jpg]
I just can't deal with these people. I really just can't. Maybe it's because I just don't feel guilty for being white. No, I'm not gonna sign off on your horse shit just because the other option is worse. I'll sit comfortably on my fence until you morally righteous dipshits stop being so fucking loathsome.