T-man
And again with nerd.
Stirling
back on topic:

yeah, people will say all white people are racist. i get where they come from in that because it's making an extreme non-belief as a counter to the centuries of the opposite being true. it's a mixture of shock, satire, and mild pettiness. ya, there's some extremists like black nationalists who side with the alt-right and similar thoughts going into murder. it's about a disconnect of the actual targeted white violence from this claim of all whites being racist because

1. it seems too ridiculous because of the oppressed life they live.
2. it is such a rare thing that they may not know it happens at all.

when a person is talking about white people, it's really really likely that if they never say "all white people" that they're talking about the specific bigots they are dealing with at the time because they deal with them so often. it's an implicit distinction and, like, if you really know american minority culture you should know it. like, complaining about not being able to find any place in your town that serves corn tortillas #whitetownlife. you're complaining about the systems that favors white opinions and also the unjustified yet unpunished actions white people get away with. it's not even hard to understand, and it's partially worded like that to be abrasive because it excludes those ignorant of how it works since they're significantly more likely to hold bad opinions on race due to not being in with minority culture.
Get it by your own hands.

MFGG Staff Slaying Expert
Kill List
Spoiler:
Assist List
Spoiler:
fucker5
white person here is it ok for me to find the video where Yoda says the n word funny
fucker5
I mean I'm always gonna think it's funny as fuck, just want to know how much more racist it makes me
Yrrzy
ftr my view is that "i hate black people" is racist but "i hate white people" is just petty
Draku
(Mar 24, 2017 at 10:58 AM)🦌Yrr🦌 Wrote: ftr my view is that "i hate black people" is racist but "i hate white people" is just petty
>same statement

>the only difference is the race

>one of these is racist and the other isn't

Both only serve to drive up racial tensions further, the recent push of white hatred is doing no one any good. If you purposefully create friction you're going to give fuel to the flames to the other side, which in turn repeats the process all around. I realize you aren't defending it but viewing it as anything other than what it actually is diverts attention away from it as an issue.

There are going to always be people who are racist one way or the other, but with a machine like described above in motion, you wind up creating far more by keeping it a relative and timely topic rather than something that can potentially fade to the background to do as little damage as possible.
[Image: s2n7oi.png]
Agastya
im not really gonna bother readin this thread cuz its like 7am and i'm too afraid to sleep because i'm a healthy human being but racism is a social construct that exploits how our brains naturally categorize people that we don't know into blobs of stereotypes and instead of making them positive stereotypes like 'the japanese are so creative' or 'africans have a rich culture' its 'mexicans are rapists' and 'blacks are brutal savages'

its not really ever going to go away unless we survive an extinction-level event, i fear
Agastya
honestly our human brains are our greatest weakness

next to like everything else that could instantly kill us if we were stabbed in
BIRDS ACTIVATED
🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦
Pedigree
(Mar 24, 2017 at 8:14 AM)Puddin Pop Wrote: Apparently 'homosexual' is a slur now and 'gay' is the proper word to use
According to whom?
T-man
(Mar 24, 2017 at 6:09 PM)Pedigree Wrote:
(Mar 24, 2017 at 8:14 AM)Puddin Pop Wrote: Apparently 'homosexual' is a slur now and 'gay' is the proper word to use
According to whom?
Socially conscious people who themselves are not gay but fight for the little guy, like you.
Spritanium
Homosexual is the literal scientific term; I think we can safely assume no sensible people are trying to call it a slur
[Image: supercorrect.png]
Pedigree
(Mar 24, 2017 at 6:51 PM)T-man Wrote:
(Mar 24, 2017 at 6:09 PM)Pedigree Wrote:
According to whom?
Socially conscious people who themselves are not gay but fight for the little guy, like you.

That's fucking stupid, they should mind their own business.
Stirling
i'mma chicano
Get it by your own hands.

MFGG Staff Slaying Expert
Kill List
Spoiler:
Assist List
Spoiler:
Pedigree
The more I see of GLAAD, the more I hate them... and I'm a homosexual.
Yrrzy
(Mar 24, 2017 at 10:21 PM)Puddin Pop Wrote: IMO Autism Speaks is the PETA of Autism.

pretty accurate analogy tbh