Spritanium
Yeah I kind of missed the boat on this series considering it's over now, but holy shit, I've enjoyed the hell out of each and every one (haven't played Knight yet because my PC isn't 1337 enough)

The unique mixture of combat and stealth is wonderful, the way they've reimagined classic characters is really neat, and of course the story/voice acting is top notch in every game

I don't really have much else to say right off the bat (pun not only intended but forced), but I did a search for "arkham" on old MW and it seems hardly anyone has talked about it in our community. Is anyone else into these games?
[Image: supercorrect.png]
T-man
I got the first two from a Humble Bundle a while back, they're great games. Unfortunately, I haven't finished either one, I really ought to but I so rarely play on PC these days. Maybe if the collection turns out to look/run decent I'll pick it up on PS4.
Spritanium
I highly recommend Origins too, a lot of people seem to discount it since it's not made by Rocksteady, but it's still great apart from a few glitches (the other games seem remarkably bug free for the most part, Origins is about as buggy as most other games by comparison)

Mainly the story in that one is awesome. One scene sticks out in particular where you get a kind of Joker backstory sequence taking place inside his mind.
kaZaam
yea city's p fuckin fantastic. like i cant get into the creed games now cause they just feel like clunkier versions of the arkham games tbh. maybe they've spoiled me

also yea origins was p gr8 too and prob had the most engaging story & best atmosphere but lmao those bugs. you ever get that one where there'll be one thug left in a mob who's ai just tote breaks or something so like he'll just circle around you and never do anything and the game acts like he's not even there? its kinda triP

also i dont know where tf the game gets off acting like youre just knocking these guys unconscious cause fuck no you're obv killing like half of those dudes lmao. you don't just pass out getting your head slammed into concrete by a fuckin superhero ffs
[Image: nIMDSBE.png]
Spritanium
Oh I know. Also when he basically curbstomps them and you can clearly hear their neck breaking

My favorite (and this applies to all the games) is when a thug gives up, gives you all the information you need, then you just fucking knock him out anyway.

I like how Batman's ultimate code of honor only requires him to keep people technically alive

Like isn't he a genius who should understand that being knocked out isn't exactly good for your brain? These people all require immediate medical attention after being beaten unconscious by a guy in a suit of armor lmao
Spritanium
Maybe Alfred calls an ambulance
Aidan
(Jul 8, 2016 at 5:30 PM)Spritanium Wrote: I highly recommend Origins too, a lot of people seem to discount it since it's not made by Rocksteady, but it's still great apart from a few glitches (the other games seem remarkably bug free for the most part, Origins is about as buggy as most other games by comparison)

origins is a huge mess but i think i had more fun with it than any of the others
it's the only one that tried to be difficult imo

trying to do those ridiculous one-chance per playthrough stealth missions was the most entertaining and frustrating thing in the whole series
Spritanium
I guess a higher difficulty makes sense since he hasn't been doing the whole Batman thing very long at that point
kaZaam
(Jul 8, 2016 at 7:55 PM)Spritanium Wrote: Maybe Alfred calls an ambulance
maybe alfred reprogrammed the batputer or w.e to read Dead Af as Unconscious to make bruce feel better
Spritanium
(Jul 8, 2016 at 8:07 PM)Kazaam Wrote:
(Jul 8, 2016 at 7:55 PM)Spritanium Wrote: Maybe Alfred calls an ambulance
maybe alfred reprogrammed the batputer or w.e to read Dead Af as Unconscious to make bruce feel better

LOL he's actually just slaughtering people by the dozen

Tbh even if everyone survives they still just endured the ass kicking of their lives
kaZaam
idk like the whole theme around batman's characters is mental illness so mayb batman's supposed morality is kind of supposed to be a farce. idk havent read any comics
kaZaam
(Jul 8, 2016 at 8:09 PM)Spritanium Wrote: LOL he's actually just slaughtering people by the dozen
shit dude hes gotta be in origins when you get fucking explosive fist tasers
Spritanium
That's why the first Robin left to become Mystical Mullet Man (Nightwing)

Batman is scarred from his past, like way moreso than normal people. Death is somewhat of a trigger for him but he sees criminals as essentially scum, even when they haven't hurt anybody and are just operating outside the law (which you know, batman himself is known to do). So he's perfectly fine with torturing people to get information. Dick's not that much of a dick so he took off, then Batman promptly finds some other kid to take his place

This is one of the things Joker is constantly trying to make Batman understand. They're both crazy, they're both hurting people, and neither of them are taking any steps whatsoever to progress the situation
Two_Finger
(Jul 8, 2016 at 8:10 PM)Kazaam Wrote: idk like the whole theme around batman's characters is mental illness so mayb batman's supposed morality is kind of supposed to be a farce. idk havent read any comics

you should watch The Animated Series
Stirling
animated series is the best version of batman
Get it by your own hands.

MFGG Staff Slaying Expert
Kill List
Spoiler:
Assist List
Spoiler:
Mario
[deleted]
kaZaam
well batman's kind of an Edgy idea to begin with
kaZaam
also not sure why eberyone's so attached to the first one other than it being The First One. like the level design is totally at odds w the combat and you end up getting caught up on edges n shit & breaking your flow.

prob just shouldn'tve gotten into city first cause everything felt watered down and just not as good atl gameplay-wise
Spritanium
Yeah I can't think of anything in Asylum that isn't better in City. The claustrophobic feeling was cool I guess, but flying through Gotham is just...more cool?

It's almost like portal syndrome where the first game feels like a tech demo by comparison, now that we've seen the idea fully fleshed out in later games.

Also there's no Mad Hatter in the first game, and I love that creepy motherfucker
Spritanium
(Jul 12, 2016 at 5:27 AM)Kazaam Wrote: well batman's kind of an Edgy idea to begin with

This is true and I actually thought the Arkham series was a pretty good "adult" interpretation of the DCAU. It does try very hard to be gritty, but it's not like it does a bad job imo. Better "mature" batman than the Nolan films.