The Minus World Killing Game: An Introduction

Spooks?
Oh? What's this? It looks like I've been promoted! How absolutely despair-inducing!

...For you guys, maybe!

Anyway, those of you who didn't get suckered into the last one probably have no idea what this thing is, so let's start with a brief introduction!

INTRODUCTION

The Minus World Killing Game is a fast-paced do-or-die experience, in which you'll betray your friends, sacrifice some poor sap for EX, lie about your special role, plan murders, and engage in some courtroom drama.

Unlike Kira Game, which was almost entirely a team vs. team experience, promoting circlejerkery, alliances, and generally securing the win for whichever team could jack themselves off faster, the Killing Game is every man for themselves. You can of course, ally yourselves with others to get further in the game and scheme to take down suspicious people, but it all comes down to the last man standing, and when the time comes, your partners will look mighty ripe for the picking.

Of course it's not always that simple. Every game will have a different set of secret special roles which each have different powers for every player. Some help you get away with murder more easily, some help you survive, and some help you catch the culprit. Then you have the ones all revolving around gaining free EX by deceiving others...

It sounds rather complicated, but actually it's a very simple game, and a lot easier to get into than the other similar games, like Kira Game before it. Much of this game comes from your own creativity with your murders, and how you choose to use environmental quirks and special powers to pull them off or frame others, as opposed to convoluted rules in and of themselves. Speaking of which...

RULES: Killing Phase

As stated, this game is an absolute cakewalk to play. One "Phase" of the game lasts two days. One day is the killing phase which is probably the easiest to participate in. Once per Killing Phase, unless your role states otherwise, you may submit a "murder" to Monokuma through PM. All this PM has to say is who you want to kill, how you want to kill them, and why you want them dead. Of course, you can instead choose to watch someone for the night, or an area, in hopes of catching the culprit.

It's that simple! And be sure to use the locations and your special power to your advantage here, as the more detailed you make your murder plan, the more likely it'll be that it won't have any serious flaws, and the more likely it'll be that you'll get away with it in turn.

The successful killer is selected randomly out of all submissions, but watch out, because if anyone tries to target the same guy as you and fails, or you pass through a room someone else chooses to watch, you'll have a witness on your hands, and they'll have some hints as to who you are, unless your power obscures it.

You'll get a reward of 100 EX for attempting a murder, along with a chunk of the final pot and a special badge if you succeed, the former of which will be shared equally among all successful murderers and the survivor at the end.

...Oh, and you'd better have at least one guy try to murder, because if no one does, I'll lynch a random instead!

RULES: Investigation Phase

This phase, also lasting a day, is where the more social aspect of the game kicks in. The victim will be discovered, the crime scene will be revealed, and the anonymous "witness accounts' will be revealed all in the OP for this phase thread. The witnesses may know more than the thread lets on, but if you're a witness, you might want to be careful about coming forward with the info you have received, lest you seem suspicious yourself as a result.

If you want an example of how these Investigation Phases go, there's plenty in the archives. They're overall very simple to understand.

But it's all in your hands now. Whether you're the killer or not, the evidence is laid out, the witnesses are around, and you'll welcome to request more info on the scene, body, or anything else. @Monokuma will answer your questions about the case and evidence, up to a certain point obviously. You won't just be able to ask who the killer is.

Discussion and defense of your position, along with speculation on roles and private conversation with anyone you deem trustworthy is encouraged, but do try to keep a decent chunk of your revelations and accusations in the thread. There were some people who liked to observe the last one, and I'd like to keep it fun for them too.

Open this whole time of course, is the Class Trial thread, in which you can vote on who you feel is guilty. Be warned though, all your votes are public, and people would certainly be bothered if you voted for them while they're innocent.

At the end of this phase, the one with the most votes is lynched, and the game resumes. Remember that if all the votes are equal, or no one votes at all, it'll go to a random lynch! It'll also go to a random lynch if the person you voted for committed suicide, but what idiot would do that?

---

...And that's generally how this works. Pretty easy right?

Whew, I'm beat. Typing that much really knocks the wind out of a guy. I don't even have fingers. Anyway, that's pretty much it for now. If there's any questions, I'll probably get around to answering them here, as long as you're not a dick about it.
Yuno
Dear Mr. Monokuma,
How do you type with paws?
Yuno
Spooks?
(Apr 3, 2017 at 5:28 AM)Yuno Wrote: Dear Mr. Monokuma,
How do you type with paws?
Yuno
[Image: ErB8da3.png]

Not very well!
Elyk

>Every round will have a different set of secret special roles which each have different powers for every player.

Do the abilities change every day or by "round" do you mean an entire game?
Spooks?
Whoops!

Yeah, they change every GAME, not round.

I should change that.
Super Saiyan Rosé Goku Black
Is it illegal to use cards to influence the game, Monokuma-sama?
Spooks?
Do whatever you want, but the target on your back is gonna look awfully big and red!
Who would ever want to target me? 😱
Spooks?
(Apr 3, 2017 at 5:57 AM)Cardcaptor Sakura Wrote: Who would ever want to target me? 😱
I'm half tempted, pal
😡
Yrrzy
will we be able to find out the roles in advance or will we just have to theorise roles based on Shit that Happens
Spooks?
(Apr 3, 2017 at 10:42 AM)🦌Yrr🦌 Wrote: will we be able to find out the roles in advance or will we just have to theorise roles based on Shit that Happens
You'll get the names of the roles, but not the powers or who has them, obviously.

Half the fun was guessing whether Yoshin was a Liar or not, let's be real here
(Apr 3, 2017 at 6:16 PM)Monokuma Wrote: You'll get the names of the roles, but not the powers or who has them, obviously.

But M-Monokuma-sama if we have the names of the roles, what's to stop us from looking at the previous killing games' results to see which role was capable of what?
Spooks?
(Apr 3, 2017 at 7:19 PM)Cardcaptor Sakura Wrote:
(Apr 3, 2017 at 6:16 PM)Monokuma Wrote: You'll get the names of the roles, but not the powers or who has them, obviously.

But M-Monokuma-sama if we have the names of the roles, what's to stop us from looking at the previous killing games' results to see which role was capable of what?
I'm gonna swap around all of the names! Geez, I'm no idiot!

Besides, not all of them are gonna be revealed immediately anyway