Can everyone test this smiley to see if it's fucked up in any browsers

God
(Jul 25, 2016 at 9:22 AM)Spritanium Wrote: Popcorn guy is now drinking Good Sh*t instead of pepsi and the mouth doubling is gone

nice
"If Your Plate Doesn't Have Any Beef On It, Send It Back To The Hecking Cafeteria!!!" - OracularRELOADED
rtsmarty
i dunno if it's just cus there's shitloads in this thread but my phone doesn't like it. scrolling works fine, but the general framerate of the emoticon, images (pea's avatar), and others (feelin fab rainbow effect) is like 2fps, maybe 3. sometimes it just freezes for a while.
T-man
(Jul 25, 2016 at 5:55 PM)rtsmarty Wrote: i dunno if it's just cus there's shitloads in this thread but my phone doesn't like it. scrolling works fine, but the general framerate of the emoticon, images (pea's avatar), and others (feelin fab rainbow effect) is like 2fps, maybe 3. sometimes it just freezes for a while.

Same here, but hopefully this reaction won't appear as often in normal activity. Looks great though!
Spritanium
I have periodic freezing issues on the mobile version in general, even in threads without any wacky effects. It has to be some JS or something causing it to hang
[Image: supercorrect.png]
Agastya
this thread is laggy as shit for my browser, gets absolutely awful the moment i scroll into a popcorn emote of any size
BIRDS ACTIVATED
🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦
Spritanium
Page 1 or 2 or both?

Page 1 has an obscene amount of them
Agastya
i view 50 posts per thread page so i have the entire thread open at once
BIRDS ACTIVATED
🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦
Mario
[deleted]
Spritanium
(Jul 26, 2016 at 12:41 AM)Agastya Wrote: i view 50 posts per thread page so i have the entire thread open at once

Yeah then it's just because of the sheer amount of them. They won't show up this much in practice, but still I wonder what could be done about it
Mario
[deleted]
kaZaam
mayb something like it only starts moving if it's on screen if that's possible. i think having only the first one move or having to interact w it to get it to work right kinda defeats the purpose

or just go w my first idea n make it less flashy
[Image: nIMDSBE.png]
Spritanium
I honestly don't know how it could be less flashy, it's a pretty understated animation. The only reason it looks smoother than a gif is because it's tweened
Spritanium
But yeah, if I can figure out how to pause the animation then I can have it only run while in view
kaZaam
(Jul 26, 2016 at 2:05 AM)Spritanium Wrote: I honestly don't know how it could be less flashy, it's a pretty understated animation. The only reason it looks smoother than a gif is because it's tweened
see: my first idea. like make it so he's only eating the pcorn (eben tho the cup of good sh*t is p gr8 so eh) or just cutout the eating/drinking parts n have the animation just be chewing. would make it look better w the other smileys even if it's Less Cool
Spritanium
Well it is a pretty close recreation of an old IPB (I think) smiley, so I wouldn't really want to change that personally
Draku
Yeah the point's to imitate the SomethingAwful munch emote (if it came from somewhere else before that then im a fuck) so changing it would be silly.

The issue's really just with the animated svg format interacting with underpowered devices so a way to circumvent that would be nice.
[Image: s2n7oi.png]
Mario
[deleted]
kaZaam
oh god i rly hope we dont take any more inspir from sa
kaZaam
dont get mad i just dont wanna have to deal w the shame of sectioning off part of my paycheck for my MW Subscription
Spritanium
But the Platinum Sh*t Package™ is half off this month!