T-man
My internet service is fucked and I'm posting from my phone

You don't realize just how ingrained the Internet is with literally everything until it stops working. I can't fucking do jack.

How the fuck did people live before the Internet?
Yrrzy
poorly
Spritanium
Well I don't know about living without the internet, but I remember when the internet sucked. Search engines in particular, I remember using Yahoo to find Pokemon stuff in ~1998 and the results were basically just a randomly ordered list of pages containing the word "Pokemon". 99% of these pages were from nintendo.com and just incidentally happened to have my search term somewhere on the page. Nowadays you can Google something and the second page of results is rarely even needed.

Not sure what's happening though, because while we typically expect technology to get better with time, the internet is starting to suck again. Particularly download speeds...in 2009 I couldn't watch a 1080p video without waiting for it to load. By 2012, the speed had increased so much that it was no longer a problem. Now in 2016, there are times when I can rarely watch a 720p video. Same ISP, same price. I thought being the only provider of a certain service and then doing a shitty job at that service was illegal (hell even the first half is illegal), but the law doesn't really matter anymore when money is involved lol
[Image: supercorrect.png]
T-man
I'll say. I have to resist my urge to paint on walls and hunt for caribou.
Draku
(Jul 13, 2016 at 7:02 PM)Spritanium Wrote: Particularly download speeds...in 2009 I couldn't watch a 1080p video without waiting for it to load. By 2012, the speed had increased so much that it was no longer a problem. Now in 2016, there are times when I can rarely watch a 720p video. Same ISP, same price. I thought being the only provider of a certain service and then doing a shitty job at that service was illegal (hell even the first half is illegal), but the law doesn't really matter anymore when money is involved lol
the internet's popularity boom with normal people is having an adverse effect

also, ISPs really like to pocket any money thrown at them to better their services and do nothing about it. their customers will only increase due to how the internet is so necessary now, so they have no reason to care.
[Image: s2n7oi.png]
T-man
we need to embed a giant wireless router in the earth's core so everyone can have unlimited free wifi
kaZaam
idk vitamin d's not so bad. dont have a smartphone cause that level of attachment bothers the shit out of me
[Image: nIMDSBE.png]
T-man
Having a smart phone is the best but I totally get what you mean. I can't even shit without browsing the Internet these days, it's a wonderfully sad thing.
Beako
(Jul 13, 2016 at 9:20 PM)Kazaam Wrote: idk vitamin d's not so bad. dont have a smartphone cause that level of attachment bothers the shit out of me
I didn't want one, but my college classes are impossible when students in group projects only want to communicate through media messages. When I try to explain why I can't read their media messages from my flip phone they're like "huh?"

But screw college. Now that Pokémon Go is out I have an actual legitimate reason to get a smart phone.