Are there people who are actually confused about what Mario says

T-man
when he throws Bowser in 64?

[Image: f893e528215a58c1361ea2aa2d9fcfc0.gif]

Like seriously, this has to be a meme. I've heard people say they think he says "So long, King Bowser!" which is obviously not right.

We all know Mario's voice is a loving stereotype of our Italian friends, this predominantly comes in the form of adding "-a" at the end of various words (Eg. "It's-a me, Mario!") I know voice clips back then sounded like they were played through a tin can but I'd argue that "Let's-a go!" once you select a star is harder to understand than "So long-a, Bowser!"
Draku
SO LONG GAY BOWSER
[Image: s2n7oi.png]
T-man
(Apr 19, 2017 at 9:48 PM)Draku Wrote: SO LONG GAY BOWSER
Martinet couldn't have put the -a anywhere else without the line having the flow of a rapper with a stutter.

"So-a long, Bowser!"
"So long, Bowser-a!"
mit
i've always thought it was "so long-sy bowser!" or at least "long-e", which is the same principle
[Image: 13a3785a5b.png] [Image: 589794956a.png] [Image: fef8774bcc.png] [Image: 589794956a.png] [Image: f5cb2d4fad.png] [Image: 589794956a.png] [Image: b7385c9f62.png]
Yrrzy
So long, eh, Bowser?
Spritanium
I dunno if it was the quality of tv speakers at the time but I didn't realize for years that Mario says "letsa go" before starting a stage. I always thought it sounded like​ the vlasic stork saying "popsicle"
[Image: supercorrect.png]
T-man
(Apr 19, 2017 at 10:28 PM)Spritanium Wrote: I dunno if it was the quality of tv speakers at the time but I didn't realize for years that Mario says "letsa go" before starting a stage. I always thought it sounded like​ the vlasic stork saying "popsicle"
Mine was "let's pickle"
Pedigree
Doesn't matter what the intended dialogue actually is, it will forever be known as "So long, gay Bowser!"

btw this could just be solved by not allowing Mario to speak beyond grunts and screams
Draku
(Apr 20, 2017 at 12:02 AM)Pedigree Wrote: btw this could just be solved by not allowing Mario to speak beyond grunts and screams
marios voice is replaced with oot link samples
[Image: s2n7oi.png]
Pedigree
tbh maybe Mario voiced by a genuine Italian without the stereotypical inflections would be Good Sh*t
T-man
(Apr 20, 2017 at 12:04 AM)Pedigree Wrote: tbh maybe Mario voiced by a genuine Italian without the stereotypical inflections would be Good Sh*t
this is why trump won
Stirling
(Apr 20, 2017 at 1:01 AM)T-man Wrote:
(Apr 20, 2017 at 12:04 AM)Pedigree Wrote: tbh maybe Mario voiced by a genuine Italian without the stereotypical inflections would be Good Sh*t
this is why trump won

this is why trump won
Get it by your own hands.

MFGG Staff Slaying Expert
Kill List
Spoiler:
Assist List
Spoiler:
T-man
(Apr 20, 2017 at 3:39 AM)StirlADrei Wrote:
(Apr 20, 2017 at 1:01 AM)T-man Wrote:
this is why trump won

this is why trump won
this is why trump won
Fun With Despair
(Apr 19, 2017 at 10:28 PM)Spritanium Wrote: I dunno if it was the quality of tv speakers at the time but I didn't realize for years that Mario says "letsa go" before starting a stage. I always thought it sounded like​ the vlasic stork saying "popsicle"
I shit you not, I had a friend growing up whose first Mario experience was the Early Years games, and he swore up and down that Mario said fucking "Lexicon"
Beako
(Apr 20, 2017 at 3:56 AM)Fun With Despair Wrote: I shit you not, I had a friend growing up whose first Mario experience was the Early Years games, and he swore up and down that Mario said fucking "Lexicon"
[Image: fwnftn.png]
"Nobody cares about the truth if the lie is more entertaining"
Or in other words

"Good shit draku's post, cause thats what he really said"
Beako
Reminder that Mario has a history of doing this.

[Image: DS4YVO8.gif]
T-man
(Apr 20, 2017 at 10:24 PM)Beako Wrote: Reminder that Mario has a history of doing this.

[Image: DS4YVO8.gif]
why the fuck is mario so homophobic

must be old school italian
T-man
[Image: ab2.jpg]

jesus fuck it keeps happening