T-man
good god is he past his prime

Draku
The greenscreen skits are funny but the complaints are the obvious. Everyone has already bitched about Sonic 06 and everyone knows what the major flaws are. What exactly was he meant to do? He only made this because people wouldn't stop asking for it.
[Image: s2n7oi.png]
T-man
(Apr 20, 2017 at 10:42 PM)Draku Wrote: The greenscreen skits are funny but the complaints are the obvious. Everyone has already bitched about Sonic 06 and everyone knows what the major flaws are. What exactly was he meant to do? He only made this because people wouldn't stop asking for it.

Yeah, the greenscreen skits are the best parts of the video, especially the bit about the camera. He's really mellowed out in recent videos too, you don't really feel any passion anymore (Who could blame him? He's been doing this shit for over a decade.) He also probably doesn't want to wake his daughter by screaming.

Also there's this really weird reference to Billy Madison. Never would have thought.
Yrrzy
this is Bad
Draku
(Apr 20, 2017 at 10:44 PM)T-man Wrote: He's really mellowed out in recent videos too, you don't really feel any passion anymore (Who could blame him? He's been doing this shit for over a decade.) He also probably doesn't want to wake his daughter by screaming.
He already did all the games that genuinely infuriated him a long time ago, now it's just whatever people want him to play so the passion's lost.
Elyk
he sounds so bored
T-man
(Apr 21, 2017 at 1:29 AM)Elyk Wrote: he sounds so bored

Yeah, and that more than anything leaves me disengaged.

I guess those old games really did piss him off and he wasn't playing it up.
Draku
(Apr 21, 2017 at 1:31 AM)T-man Wrote:
(Apr 21, 2017 at 1:29 AM)Elyk Wrote: he sounds so bored

Yeah, and that more than anything leaves me disengaged.

I guess those old games really did piss him off and he wasn't playing it up.
They did.

The thing about this video in particular is that again, James really didn't want to do this but people kept asking him to. It's just an obligation video, so it's even worse than some of the other recent eps done Just Because.
Pedigree
It's one of those "fuck you for making me do this" situations. It's not supposed to be as enjoyable as shit he's actually passionate about.
Beako
Does this mean that by the year 2028 AVGN will be making videos about which games made in 2017 are games that he considers to be bags of poopy diarrhea dicks?
CHESHIRE ☯
(Apr 20, 2017 at 10:42 PM)Draku Wrote: The greenscreen skits are funny but the complaints are the obvious. Everyone has already bitched about Sonic 06 and everyone knows what the major flaws are. What exactly was he meant to do? He only made this because people wouldn't stop asking for it.

No shame in that. I find it interesting that he's only just playing it for the first time, only to a decade after its hayday reaffirm how pathetic the game is.

Also, considering a vast majority of the Sonic fanbase still praises the game, it's only fair he states that the same problems that we all experienced and acknowledge were there for him as well. They aren't your average glitches and flukes, but inherently poor design.

Iunno, wasn't super entertaining because we're all desensitized already, but it wasn't an inherently bad episode. I imagine the average person would enjoy this far more than I did.
Pedigree
"Also, considering a vast majority of the Sonic fanbase still praises the game"

what

when did this happen

im in the Sonic fanbase and i wasn't told
sealelement
i really liked the green screen bits honestly. you can tell when he cares about something and when hes just obligation doing stuff, and for what it's worth, i think he's still able to make decent videos these days. it's just that it's a little different from the earliest episodes, since he's out of crappy nintendo games to hate.

that being said, was i the only one thinking of the christmas episode he did where the AVGN character saw himself as an old man playing some wii game and the joke was that he was playing a game that came out around when he started doing AVGN as an old man?

Quote:a vast majority of the Sonic fanbase still praises the game
[Image: f6egbfB.png]
100% pure gamer 100%
CHESHIRE ☯
(Apr 22, 2017 at 6:02 AM)Pedigree Wrote: "Also, considering a vast majority of the Sonic fanbase still praises the game"

what

when did this happen

im in the Sonic fanbase and i wasn't told

Who do you think keeps this damn thing relevant?
Most of the diehards cite it for having solid storylines and being such a broad, large experience, though I don't sympathize. That game was a damn nightmare to me all the way through.

…The music in the game is pretty damn phenomenal though, but nearly every Sonic Game can claim that.
T-man
(Apr 24, 2017 at 12:10 AM)SODA FiZZ Wrote: Who do you think keeps this damn thing relevant?
Being a notoriously bad game in a beloved franchise?
mit
i have literally not once ever seen a sonic fan praise sonic 06, in fact i'd say they're the people trying to keep it dead because they're tired of hearing about it
[Image: 13a3785a5b.png] [Image: 589794956a.png] [Image: fef8774bcc.png] [Image: 589794956a.png] [Image: f5cb2d4fad.png] [Image: 589794956a.png] [Image: b7385c9f62.png]
Agastya
do you ever think about the fact that sonic 06 is over ten years old
BIRDS ACTIVATED
🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦
fucker5
pretty sure he just phoned in a vid cuz he got paid to review sonic 06 despite not caring at all about 3d sonic lol
fucker5
(Sponsored)
Spritanium
I don't ever watch AVGN but I liked it; interesting to see a fresh opinion on the game from someone who has somehow managed not to play it for 10 years
[Image: supercorrect.png]