The first Sonic game in history to have shitty music

T-man

what the fuck is this

also the game looks like ass
Kabuto
wtf i hadn't even heard of this, it doenst even look professionally done, i assumed this was a shitty fangame
[Image: Bandit_-_russian_dancing.gif]
T-man
[Image: si88a8k.jpg]

[Image: zJmxquH.jpg]
Kabuto
the screens look better than gameplay but

deugh
T-man
(Apr 25, 2017 at 4:13 PM)Junkenstein Wrote: the screens look better than gameplay but

deugh
top is generations
bottom is forces
Kabuto
oh fsfsdf
well it still looks better than it does as gameplay but

god damn
Kabuto
how do they fuck up so badly all of the time at sonic team
Draku
LMAO THAT MUSIC
Draku
"hmm we have some fans making sonic mania and it looks like the fucking tits, how can we compete"

"...hey, you know that game we made that people still talk about today because it's so bad? what if we tried that strategy again"
[Image: s2n7oi.png]
Kabuto
also i was gonna say 'are you sure its the first' and use sonic r but
sonic r had good music...
Draku
sonic R's music is unironically great
Kabuto
i would say thematically its not very much in keeping with the sonic universe but its got such good tracks
T-man
The music is shit tier invincibility music
Spritanium
1. The music sounds like an amateur musician got their hands on a Genesis soundfont and decided to make a quick song in 10 minutes to familiarize themselves with the instruments

2. The game itself looks like one of those "what would you're favorite video game look like in UNREAL ENGINE 4" videos on youtube
Spritanium
The song literally sounds improvised, it doesn't know where the fuck to go
Spritanium
It really is amazing how Sega fails every single time at capturing that "perfect Sonic" feel

The reality is that even though we all love Sonic, every single Sonic game has been okay at best, so there is no "perfect Sonic" to draw from
[Image: supercorrect.png]
Briraka
sonic forces himself to relive green hill zone (yet) again, but now with shitty music.
Draku
(Apr 25, 2017 at 5:05 PM)Spritanium Wrote: every single Sonic game has been okay at best
Hmm...
Spritanium
(Apr 25, 2017 at 5:07 PM)Draku Wrote:
(Apr 25, 2017 at 5:05 PM)Spritanium Wrote: every single Sonic game has been okay at best
Hmm...
I mean it's definitely just an opinion, but

"Go as fast as you can and try not to run into shit" has always been a tricky mechanic and they've NEVER gotten it perfect

Sonic Generations was the closest thing to a fully polished and playable Sonic game we've ever had
Spritanium
Never mind that with Super Mario Odyssey coming out this would've been the PERFECT opportunity for a Sonic game set in the real world (even though Sonic 06 basically traumatized Sega into NEW Super Mario Bros mode)
[Image: supercorrect.png]