Spritanium
- Just to let everyone know, spell costs are really low for testing purposes right now. Feelin' Fab is going to stay low (25 EXP) but the rest of the spells costs will increase significantly. This is just an effort to combat overuse, and believe me, it's a good idea for performance as well as annoyance reasons

- Upon launch there will be an option to disable spells for individual posts. This may be a mod-only toggle to keep important posts from being tampered with - but maybe not? Seems like allowing users to disable spells on a per-post basis might ruin a bit of the fun, what do you think?

- Should we disable spells in Life Chat, Arts & Crafts, and Help?

- All active spells, spell costs, availability, etc will be subject to change, and will probably change often. We will need to see how they're used in the context of an active community in order to improve balancing. This community is nice and active for a test forum, but who knows how shit will go down with more users (and more drama)

That's about it Cheese
[Image: supercorrect.png]
kaZaam
yyea a consequence-less spell disablan option kinda ruins the point. mayb make some kind of way to turn individual spells off but make it relevant to the spell kinda like how you get rid of the ink one, like a litl minigame you have to do. or mayb if thats 2much work just some kind of counter-spell that removes w.e spell's on ur post but costs a lotta xp
kaZaam
or eben easier just make sure spells aren't invasive or performance-intensive enough for someone to want to disable. think we're doing good so far
[Image: nIMDSBE.png]
Spritanium
I thought about a 2x EXP cost to remove a spell, but it kind of makes spells received by rich/longtime users a bit inconsequential I think? The appeal of stuff like "Whoops!" is that you can have a little bit of power over any post you want, like a small bit of satisfaction knowing that the receiver had to personally take time to clean up your expression. If a user can just cancel out a spell by paying more EXP I think it cheapens things a bit

We are going to have a universal "disable spells (both giving and receiving)" setting per-user, so a user can choose to not have any spells cast on their posts, but in doing so they're also unable to use any spells. So that to me seems like enough control for regular users. We just need to make sure spells can be disabled on the official rules post and other important things like that
[Image: supercorrect.png]
kaZaam
well mayb just make it cost an asston, not just double. i think mwers are attached enough to their xp to not just use counterspells whenever tf they feel like it. also i doubt people are gonna be too adamant about deleting spells anyway so i dont think abuse would be much of a problem. also mayb just make it not an option on spells you can remove through other means
Draku
costless spell disable for individual posts should definitely be mod/admin only.

maybe have a self-cast spell for protecting a post from other spells and it gives it like a magical barrier border that shows up when the spell button is hovered over but you have to cast it in a preventative way rather than in a removal way. though then the issue you mentioned with rich/longtime members comes up so idk, unless there was a way to nullify even that protective spell and it'd just cost more as a result.

spells should be disabled in arts & crafts and help. i think they're ok to have in life chat.
[Image: s2n7oi.png]
kaZaam
& hab a spell to remov the counterspell barrier
kaZaam
also uhhh if spells shouldn't be welcome anywhere it'd be the realtalk forum. tho i guess so far life chat isn't used as seriously here as on mw1 so w/e

but being able to ink over ppls arts would be kinda funny tbh
Draku
(Jul 21, 2016 at 3:30 AM)Kazaam Wrote: & hab a spell to remov the counterspell barrier
yeah that's what i was implying with the last line of that paragraph. when you hover over the spell button and the magical barrier border pops up you click it and it gives you a popup asking if you want to spend xp to dispell the border
[Image: s2n7oi.png]
kaZaam
yeah fsr i tldr'd the last part of the pairofgraph lmao idt im sober enough to post
Beako
(Jul 21, 2016 at 2:56 AM)Spritanium Wrote: - Should we disable spells in Life Chat, Arts & Crafts, and Help?
Yes.
kaZaam
wow thats weird
kaZaam
aint gonna be shit w candyass phone users who can just flip their screens around tho
Beako
[Image: mw_mad.svg]
kaZaam
sorry i had to try it
Beako
Actually I'm not mad now that I realize I've absorbed 50 EXP for having the spell cast on my post Evil
Mario
[deleted]
Mario
[deleted]
kaZaam
that sounds cool as feck but sounds hard af to add

also just had an idea user-based spells where like you can keep someone else from using spells for a while for a dickton of xp or something
Mario
[deleted]