The Sporatic History of Modern T-man Art

T-man
Hey lads,

I'm making this thread because I hear talk that you folks peg me as a bit of an artist. While I was once a regular Michelangelo churning out MS Paint masterpieces for my deviantArt back in my early teens, over time life took it's toll and I'm just not passionate about drawing as I once was. Despite mostly being out of commission, the lightning strike of inspiration has hit me every now and again in recent years.

[Image: ldioXvW.png]

Here we've got a piece from 2014 (from here on assume the following art is from the same year as the preceding unless specified otherwise.) It was one of the first larger scale drawings I had done in quite a while and was designed to be an avatar. It was drawn in Flash.

[Image: c3wqFwc.png]

Here's one done in MS Paint, this was the first time I tried shading with a different hue than the base color. While the whole art itself was done in Paint, that blocky sunlight gradient was added in Flash. The background is supposed to be a bus, if it wasn't obvious I have never been on a bus that was not a school bus.

[Image: AhzUwrM.png]

This one is a pretty basic MS Paint piece, but despite being simple this one stuck with me. It's much more cartoony than my usual stuff and I really like the warm reds with the stark white. Here's a fun little quirk about this one, I didn't feel like doing the white outline by hand so I used GameMaker of all things to do it automagically.

[Image: lZY73C0.png]

I like this one, I was a bit more clever in how I approached creating it. It was a tag team effort between MS Paint and Flash in somewhat equal measure. I drew the lady in MS Paint, while the background was done entirely in Flash. I unchecked smoothing upon exporting the background to keep with a consistent pixely look, truly I am a whiz kid. What did I learn from this piece? My chubby baby style is difficult to make sexy, but I still think it looks nice as a cartoon.

[Image: ERUjpxN.png]

This one is really cool. You can tell I was being an angsty little fuck when I drew this. This was primarily an MS Paint endeavor with a dash of Flash.

[Image: yFiUfji.png]

This piece is fucking huge, in size and scope. It was easily my biggest undertaking to date. While I still really like general composition and character art, I'm retrospectively disappointed the background is so basic and shitty. The background really could have used a higher depth of field to mask it's underwhelming quality. This was done entirely in Flash.

[Image: W4elKL9.png]

This one is from early 2015, it features a weird transitional style from what was my former style to what would become my current style. Not much else to say really. Oh, Flash.

[Image: pkicBH3.png]

And that concludes most of my major works in the past few years. There are still other nifty things that I'm going to share with you in following posts but they aren't completed works like these ones are. You're gonna see some doodles, some concept art, and whatever unfinished shit I can find that's interesting.

Thanks for joining me!
T-man
Serving up some concept art for game characters, I'm not gonna bother dating shit from here on out because it's too much of a pain in the ass to chronologically list these. Do you care? I don't care.

[Image: 8TTLi7L.png]

Very swirly, very cute. I had decided on to go with the blue roboarm one.

[Image: RQgLhM1.png]

The idea was that she could use her robot arm for various utilities like a bow and grappling hook.

[Image: wgVpYin.png]

This unfinished brute was meant to be the antagonist, and the man responsible for ripping off her arm.
T-man
This unfinished piece is very pretty.

[Image: zQ0734n.png]

I was working on it for a potential lady friend, but we ended up not gelling as well as it had initially seemed so it went unfinished. It's a shame really, I mean, I don't really care that it didn't work out with her I'm just disappointed this wonderful lighting and linework went to waste.
T-man
More concept art, this time for an animated series!

[Image: UKddZmN.png]

[Image: x3gHdhp.png]

[Image: zHWBBCT.png]

[Image: NkrvaAf.png]

w h o a a a
T-man
Here's concept art for a different series w h o a

[Image: ZCvQJlq.png]

The older gentleman was supposed to have arms, never got them.

[Image: 3S4MTFI.png]

Here's what it may have looked like in Flash.
T-man
Here are some doodles I did for a no reference thread on /co/. I could likely draw all these characters accurately without a reference, I instead to decided to be as outrageous as I could.

[Image: aNnvIzm.png]

[Image: CjByrKh.png]

[Image: ic2VCQV.png]

[Image: F5tPc4f.png]

This doodle isn't for /co/ and maybe it's already been posted here somewhere, but here's a neckbeard T-man for good measure.

[Image: gHMQNsf.png]
T-man
Here's a strange one! I was gonna make a very quick short of the PS4 being robbed of it's then only game Bloodborne by two less popular consoles in desperate need of a hit.

Very cinematic for something so silly.

And since this post has a YouTube video in it, here's my icon for my YouTube (and Twitter) account

[Image: SgHl5vk.png]

Featuring a DualShock 4!
T-man
and some unfinished backgrounds to cap it off for tonight

[Image: fbVaHWi.png]

[Image: w1F2izg.png]

I hope you enjoyed Professor Calamitous' art gallery, I'll do some more digging tomorrow to see if I find more interesting scraps.
Pedigree
Your style is just Just Right
T-man
the avatars i made for the multiavatar mockup
[Image: iSTx8Fn.png][Image: Eizwpmu.png][Image: 0MvI6ym.png][Image: NvRfgHz.png][Image: ogOjfph.png]

All I can say is T-man dating sim when?
Yoshin
All I can say is that these are Good Sh*t
Fun With Despair
(May 12, 2017 at 7:47 AM)T-man Wrote: This unfinished piece is very pretty.

[Image: zQ0734n.png]

I was working on it for a potential lady friend, but we ended up not gelling as well as it had initially seemed so it went unfinished. It's a shame really, I mean, I don't really care that it didn't work out with her I'm just disappointed this wonderful lighting and linework went to waste.

It's okay man. Everyone has failed romances.

But it's okay, because I've decided to finish your picture with my own artistic master skills. Behold: a monument to our love:

[Image: TBCuAm8.png]

you can thank me later, it's great I know
T-man
(May 15, 2017 at 12:46 AM)Fun With Despair Wrote: But it's okay, because I've decided to finish your picture with my own artistic master skills. Behold: a monument to our love

[Image: luoXF7J.png]
Two_Finger
amazing thread
Aidan
tons of Good Sh*t in there
i love the characters with the swirly designs and the roboarm. the way each character has a different but clearly similar pattern is sweet af and makes me think there's deep lore going on behind the scenes
T-man
I just stumbled across something pretty wild in the T-man Vault, back in 201whatever I wanted to make a basic multiplayer platformer with customizable avatars. There was only one problem: I have no fucking idea how to do any of that. That didn't stop me from drawing a bunch of assets like I could though! Customization is something I really love in video games.

[Image: 4d1mAD9.png]

All the individual pieces are colored white and would have been tinted with magic.
Mario
the rayman approach to them is really genius, allows you to make a lot of different items without having to make much animations