Sonic Mania (Fans shit all over Sega)

T-man

Looks pretty fucking excellent.

The guy who worked on the excellent iOS ports of the classic Sonic games is involved in this.

This isn't Sonic Team's new game
Draku
holy crap

i was not expecting a good announcement out of the stream especially with all the difficulties

but this is fucking awesome, i love how it looks and seems like. looking really forward to playing it, glad they got competent motherfuckers on it rather than hire a bunch of idiots who don't know what they're doing
[Image: s2n7oi.png]
T-man
Drop Dash seems like an incredible addition
kaZaam
uhhh yea looks p cool. like the palette but i kinda wish the sprites weren't just rips atl on sonic. like yea theyre edited rips but i kinda like how ebery genesis sonic game changed the style a bit or in 3's case a lot
[Image: nIMDSBE.png]
Mario
[deleted]
kaZaam
for the first time, sonic is going Back to the Past please ignore the like five other attempts we've had at this over the last six years tho
T-man
Sonic 4? What's that?
Poxni
could be pretty good but not mindblowing! with someone like taxman being project lead there's no way it'll be bad.
[Image: xPhNzA9.jpg]
Draku
(Jul 23, 2016 at 3:13 AM)Kazaam Wrote: for the first time, sonic is going Back to the Past please ignore the like five other attempts we've had at this over the last six years tho
this is the first time a crew of not-stupid-as-hell people has been heading it so there is some Hope
Agastya
sonic maker didn't get past the design phase because people just put infinite spring loops down and kept dropping hill top zone lava bubbles on tails
BIRDS ACTIVATED
🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦
Poxni
T-man
thats some good sh*t
Draku
i really love how they just flat out went and hired a bunch of the most skilled fans to do all this shit because they know what the people want out of a new classic sonic game better than sega themselves ever would
Poxni
(Jul 23, 2016 at 6:19 PM)Draku Wrote: i really love how they just flat out went and hired a bunch of the most skilled fans to do all this shit because they know what the people want out of a new classic sonic game better than sega themselves ever would
Taxman has been messing around with replicating/tweaking classic Sonic engine stuff for years. Absolutely deserved.
Yrrzy
its a 2d sonic so it might actually be a good game unlike Every 3D Sonic
kaZaam
idk sonic 06 is so bad it shoots the moon and turns Good in some kinda cosmic way
Elyk
hopefully it's good
T-man
(Aug 31, 2016 at 3:42 PM)JoshJDubya Wrote: Btw that stream's sound mixing was terrible and Crush40 didn't sound good at all live... It was kinda painful sitting through that stream.

God, tell me about it. What a disaster.
Two_Finger
rip headphone users who watched that
Pea
the mix was good tho