[Suggestion] Multiavatar Functionality

T-man
@rtsmarty had a great idea in the Slack a long while back about allowing users to have multiple avatars associated with their account. I thought it was a really amazing idea with immeasurable potential. @Spritanium sometimes has trouble wrapping his head around a concept like this without having some kind of visualization to go off of, so I decided to flesh out this idea and present the potential I see visually.

Multiavatar Functionality would allow users 10 static slots (meaning it would be possible to have an avatar in slot number 1 and slot number 10 with empty slots in between) in which to ascribe avatars to.

[Image: C9UD1ou.png]

Each avatar slot would have it's own cropping and gear configuration associated with it. The first slot is always considered to be your default avatar. This is what will display in the Welcome Block, Who's Online, and similar areas. Avatars in subsequent slots can be selected to appear in your postbit when you create a thread or post.

[Image: xHSnAyk.png]

Users could have multiple avatars with varying expressions they could use to better express themselves. Like so:

[Image: OO7f9pt.png]

[Image: nOIt7vH.png]

[Image: wpT38a1.png]

Now, you might be asking yourself, "T-man, why do you insist on the avatar slots being static, wouldn't a newest-last system make more sense?" My reasoning is this: Let's say a user has a happy avatar in slot number 2 and they want to replace that happy image with another happy image, posts already associated with slot number 2 could be updated with the new happy image without mixing things up what they were originally trying to convey or having to revert to your default avatar.

Speaking of which, in the event a slot has it's avatar removed (removed, not changed) the posts associated with that now empty slot will revert back to the default avatar.

[Image: YoMgto2.png]

I don't know about you guys, but I think this could really add a lot of life to forum events with NPCs and really enhance normal posting for users who wish to take advantage of this feature.

What do you think, Minus World? Is this something you would be interested in?
Draku
would love this feature, i have a ton of pictures i could potentially use for it
[Image: s2n7oi.png]
Yoshin
Im all for this mostly because of NPCs
this brings a much needed breath of life to them
T-man
(May 13, 2017 at 11:18 PM)Yoshin Wrote: Im all for this mostly because of NPCs

Hey, it has its benefits for users who don't want go all out creating an avatar set too. Why only have one avatar of your waifu when you could have several?
Pea
so much potential for this holy shit
Yrrzy
im gonna be so confused whos who when everyone loads in 10 entirely different avatars
Yoshin
Could this also entail random avatars like randimg?
T-man
(May 13, 2017 at 11:58 PM)Yoshin Wrote: Could this also entail random avatars like randimg?

Oh yeah, that's something I forgot to mention, but I had thought of that too. I imagined some kind of Randomize tick box on the avatar page. Unfortunately, we'd probably have to disallow being able to select specific avatars if it were enabled but I think those who would want a randomized avatar wouldn't mind the trade off.
Dude
seems legit
any particular reason for only ten slots instead of theoretically whatever stupid high number we want?
Elyk
neat idea

it would be cool if you could do random avatars with it too
right now external random avatars don't work that great since cosmetics would need to go into different slots
T-man
(May 14, 2017 at 1:30 AM)Dude Wrote: seems legit
any particular reason for only ten slots instead of theoretically whatever stupid high number we want?

Beyond it being a nice, round number that's not too restrictive or excessive? No.
Fun With Despair
(May 13, 2017 at 11:18 PM)Yoshin Wrote: Im all for this mostly because of NPCs
this would be fucking perfect for the killing game honestly.
For someone like me who changes their ava way too much, I support this fully. Make it happen