Let's take a moment to appreciate how far we've come

T-man
We've been at this bold reimagining of Minus World for five months now, and we've seen a veritable cornucopia of changes and additions take place from these humble beginnings,

[Image: AoNYYVq.png]

There has been so much Good Sh*t added since then it's hard to keep track of it all. From the reactions system,

[Image: 353ZPs9.gif]

to avatar cropping,

[Image: 0UoldRz.gif]

and the pièce de résistance, the spells.

[Image: 6yIuk4d.gif]

Spells have really brought this forum to the next level, I don't know about you but I have never seen a forum like this.

[Image: Wkbc8B5.gif]

[Image: O2gKpOk.gif]

Way back before the forum was even half this good, I made a poll asking if new Minus World was the best site on the planet and it would seem to be that the definitive answer is

[Image: MoLyLQ7.gif]

So thank you to our wonderful staff who have been working very hard to make Minus World an actually good and interesting forum!
Yoshin
Progress has been good
I've only been helping out because its fun tbh
I don't know why
kaZaam
more like fiiiine-us world
kaZaam
wow f next to i looks really fucked up in this font
[Image: nIMDSBE.png]
Yrrzy
its a special character that a lot of sites substitute in for some reason, youtube and twitter(?) do it too (on twitter it would save you a character)
God
it's a skeuomorph from the age of printing

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Typographic_ligature
"If Your Plate Doesn't Have Any Beef On It, Send It Back To The Hecking Cafeteria!!!" - OracularRELOADED
rtsmarty
(Jul 24, 2016 at 12:50 PM)Yrr Wrote: its a special character that a lot of sites substitute in for some reason
it's actually a ligature and it's entirely dependent on the font, it isn't a substitution (maybe twitter substitutes it because of the character limit)

you'll notice if you type fi into the textbox here it's automatically made into a ligature, and if you copy it it'll copy both f and i even though it's a single grapheme and you can't move the cursor between the characters

fi is a shitty ligature but some fonts have some pretty cool use of ligatures
kaZaam
huh thats p intredasting. weird ive never noticed it before[Image: giphy.gif]
[Image: nIMDSBE.png]
Yoshin
Never fear!
You can relive those first few days
[Image: Re90k8r.png]
T-man
(Jul 24, 2016 at 6:04 PM)Yoshin Wrote: Never fear!
You can relive those first few days
[Image: Re90k8r.png]

>pixiv

[Image: IPKFrZi.jpg]
Beako
Thanks for featuring footage of one of the spells I cast. [Image: mw_hooray.svg]
Elyk
good job
Beako
Also yeah good job on everything guys. The new forum is awesome!
Alexandra
Only found out about this today after not having visited MW since February or something. Looks cool.
Stirling
i recommend a pizza party on launch
Get it by your own hands.

MFGG Staff Slaying Expert
Kill List
Spoiler:
Assist List
Spoiler: