Poxni
(May 17, 2017 at 12:53 AM)T-man Wrote:
(May 17, 2017 at 12:51 AM)Poxni Wrote: i think the weirdest part is that the gameplay of the custom hero looks significantly better and has more promise than classic/modern sonic.
Yeah, it almost feels as if Sonic himself is getting sidelined.
the plot twist the franchise needed tbh
[Image: xPhNzA9.jpg]
Pedigree
it's kind of interesting that you get to play as "yourself" in the resistance (I'm going to call it freedom fighters fuck you)
Draku
(May 17, 2017 at 12:51 AM)Poxni Wrote: i think the weirdest part is that the gameplay of the custom hero looks significantly better and has more promise than classic/modern sonic.
the mobility gadgets seem great but the weapon ones remind me of shadow the hedgehog's gameplay where the guns brought everything to a screeching halt
[Image: s2n7oi.png]
Poxni
(May 17, 2017 at 12:55 AM)Draku Wrote:
the mobility gadgets seem great but the weapon ones remind me of shadow the hedgehog's gameplay where the guns brought everything to a screeching halt
it's not impossible to have engaging combat against beefier foes, but all we've seen is just trash cleaning
T-man
(May 17, 2017 at 12:55 AM)Draku Wrote:
If there's going to be wide assortment of weaponry I hope they take a page from Ratchet and Clank's playbook. Ratchet and Clank has really fluid and engaging gunplay that meshes well with it's platforming elements.

While I like the idea of that grappling hook thing, I don't like how you hang in the air as it deploys. It would be much more satisfying if the swing inherited your momentum.
Draku
(May 17, 2017 at 12:59 AM)Poxni Wrote: it's not impossible to have engaging combat against beefier foes, but all we've seen is just trash cleaning
>the high HP enemies in shadow
OH GOD NO
Poxni
(May 17, 2017 at 12:59 AM)Draku Wrote:
(May 17, 2017 at 12:59 AM)Poxni Wrote: it's not impossible to have engaging combat against beefier foes, but all we've seen is just trash cleaning
>the high HP enemies in shadow
OH GOD NO
also unleashed, like I said it's not impossible but with sega's track record, uh
sealelement
i'm excited it looks cool im gonna make my sonic OC from when i was 12 and love every second of it!!
100% pure gamer 100%
Yrrzy
ok but the best part is that they presumably looked at a shitload of sonic ocs to make sure the features people wanted were present

and they're aware of their meme status

which means most infamous sonic ocs (maybe not sonichu cause copyright infringement) will be entirely possible to make
Draku
(May 17, 2017 at 9:59 AM)Yrrzy Wrote: ok but the best part is that they presumably looked at a shitload of sonic ocs to make sure the features people wanted were present

and they're aware of their meme status

which means most infamous sonic ocs (maybe not sonichu cause copyright infringement) will be entirely possible to make
You can't make foxes or echidnas though, so I actually doubt this a lot.
Yrrzy
wait then what was the character in the ad
Draku
Wolf – Automatically draws in rings when near them
Rabbit – Has longer invincible time after receiving damage
Cat – Keeps one ring after being hit
Dog – Restarts with five rings after the player dies
Bear – Blows away enemies with a homing attack
Bird – Flies high with double jump abilities
Hedgehog – Collects rings when getting damaged

I assume a cat.
Yrrzy
oh nah it was a wolf i noticed the ring magnetism thing
Draku
Ah yeah it's a wolf then. Was going off of design similarity to Blaze, forgot about that actually showing up in the trailer.
Mario
Finally Sonic games can have a character that truly represents me

Mario
paged
Briraka

good lord, even the music for the OC version of park avenue is cringe.

... which makes sense if you think about it, actually.Mind Blown
Pedigree
I kind of like it? It'd be better if I could look at the lyrics because I can't understand what the male voices are saying lmao.
Aidan
wow why is it so horrible
T-man
Expect nothing less from the director of 06