Not the greatest show or anything, what's the hype?
Draku
People saw it when they were young and it was their First Anime. So it gets built up as this big amazing thing when it's okay at best.
[Image: s2n7oi.png]
Honestly, very very alright show. Nothing bad to say about it but nothing that great to say about it either. Nostalgia goggles aside, I think this is an opportunity for people to reflect on what really makes them like what they like. Coincidentally it starts with the anime

Re-watch K-on; essentially.
Aidan
i liked the animation and the story seemed cool
it's sort of a weird in between of anime and film and live-action tv and performance theater and other shit which is prob why it has such broad appeal but it's not what i'm looking for when i watch Korean moving pictures
CHESHIRE ☯
It was the first broadcasted anime in America to gain mass serial appeal for being mature and graphic, without any censorship or dumbing down (prior to this, the most graphic show we were shown on American television was DragonBall Z, which at the time was HEAVILY censored). It was able to break boundaries and open the floodgates for years of darker, more mature, and melancholy shows to circulate on Western broadcasts.

The animation work in Cowboy Bebop was also one of the highest quality animated series the studio Sunrise had taken on outside of the Gundam franchise, which until then always claimed the majority of the studios budget. While Gundam was always a very politically charged show, this was their first attempt to go with a storyline that was highly picaresque and carried an element of humanity.

I think in today's day, the show's story is among the majority a very novel thought. However, it is historical in many ways, set a ton of standards for high-quality Japanese animation, and was many a person's gateway drug into more serious anime along with shows like Death Note and FullMetal Alchemist, which both lend their ability to gain appeal in Western media directly to Bebop's success years prior.
Mario
ive only seen an episode or two
sealelement
(May 19, 2017 at 8:47 PM)Mario Wrote: ive only seen an episode or two

same. they were okay i guess
100% pure gamer 100%
kaZaam
i think cowbop moreso got it's rep for being an anime that isn't the most vapid thing ever (which yea is a staple even if weebz wanna act like its not(esp back then when all kids were watching was pokemon and sailor moon)) rather than just being a str8 Good Show but i mean yea it's still a p good show. the movie's prob the best of it by far
[Image: nIMDSBE.png]
Yrrzy
i liked coby beboop
Pedigree
Einstein (the dog) best character