What was the peak of white America?

To be honest, I'm not sure. I was listening to a podcast that brought up the compelling point of before 9/11 whites and other minorites basically getting a long without all this alt-right political bullshit; with a common enemy. Kind of like Bleach but not shit

Anyway; here's my answer

God
good post. i'll have a think about it and get back to you
"If Your Plate Doesn't Have Any Beef On It, Send It Back To The Hecking Cafeteria!!!" - OracularRELOADED
Aidan
Aidan
i think obana was probably your best president but that's not really white america lol
Spritanium
Depends on what you mean by "peak". When nonwhites were kept as slaves, that was probably a great time for "white America". It's very easy to make life awesome for one segment of the population when you simultanously make it shitty for all the other segments. I'm probably misunderstanding the question though lol
[Image: supercorrect.png]
CHESHIRE ☯
Probably either the series finale of FRIENDS or the season finale of Seinfeld. Whichever had a larger audience.

…unless we're talking about the last crown achievement of White America, in which case that would be making one of these women a Hollywood star, and somehow making the other one infiltrate and successfully become president of the the National Association for the Advancement of Colored People. Literal miracles.

I'll thank you for the first one, though.

[Image: 7TDIDFg.gif][Image: AA0LMH6.jpg]
Elyk
history class told me it was the 1920s
the internet tells me it was the 1990s
T-man
[Image: Uv3odYP.jpg]
God
I like how all of the answers so far are examples of capitalist-sponsered cultural entertainment. that's all i can think of too. i guess it's kinda telling that the peak of white America is 90s anti-establishment (but actually still establishment) consumerism.
"If Your Plate Doesn't Have Any Beef On It, Send It Back To The Hecking Cafeteria!!!" - OracularRELOADED
CHESHIRE ☯
(May 23, 2017 at 11:48 PM)OracularREBORN Wrote: I like how all of the answers so far are examples of capitalist-sponsered cultural entertainment. that's all i can think of too. i guess it's kinda telling that the peak of white America is 90s anti-establishment (but actually still establishment) consumerism.

That might be giving too much credit.
Glad to see my mental break down thread is still alive and well, upon further investigation and conversation with my fellow white friends I'm willing to change my answer to one of the two

[Image: larry%20bird%20shot.jpg]
[Image: fwb_cinderella_20160208?%24yetifwb%24]

I was going to nominate Full House the entire series as a potential candidate but in the previous racial draft we drafted Bob Sagat as African-American so it no longer qualifies. Same with Justin Bieber. I'd like to hear other peoples opinion though
CHESHIRE ☯
(May 24, 2017 at 12:29 AM)zelma Wrote: [Image: fwb_cinderella_20160208?%24yetifwb%24]

What makes you say Cinderella? If we're championing American animation, I feel like there's a number of other candidates too. Maybe not Sleeping Beauty (though that could contest as the most accurate depiction of White America), but even in the Disney/9OM repertoire.

Not to say Cinderella isn't EXTREMELY white, and an achievement of course.
(May 24, 2017 at 2:28 PM)SODA FiZZ Wrote:
(May 24, 2017 at 12:29 AM)zelma Wrote: [Image: fwb_cinderella_20160208?%24yetifwb%24]

What makes you say Cinderella? If we're championing American animation, I feel like there's a number of other candidates too. Maybe not Sleeping Beauty (though that could contest as the most accurate depiction of White America), but even in the Disney/9OM repertoire.

Not to say Cinderella isn't EXTREMELY white, and an achievement of course.

Bigger than the general whiteness of the film, I feel as though Cinderella layed down the foundation of the basic mainstream movie princess story; in that, it is the original blueprint. Since then there have many renditions, and through time this has been improved upon again and again but in terms of overall impact, I personally give it up to Cinderella.

Though, I can also see why you would say Sleeping Beauty, my mind forgot about that movie!
Draku
(May 24, 2017 at 4:59 PM)zelma Wrote: Bigger than the general whiteness of the film, I feel as though Cinderella layed down the foundation of the basic mainstream movie princess story; in that, it is the original blueprint. Since then there have many renditions, and through time this has been improved upon again and again but in terms of overall impact, I personally give it up to Cinderella.
>disney invented cinderella's plot
Hmm...
[Image: s2n7oi.png]
Fun With Despair
i'm gonna be real here, going off that 9/11 point, what the world needs to be chill is a common enemy group that is racially and sexually diverse.

craft an evil ass organization out of people from all races and walks of life and suddenly you have something for people to unite against that they can't fling shit and stereotype over.

would solve a lot of problems
Aidan
maybe ww2
america loves that because it's the only period in history where overwhelming military might was actually an overall benefit to society
it also allowed them to shit their culture all over foreign nations which is something white america is big on. technically i guess that's why there is a "white america" in the first place.

it kinda set us up for the coming nuclear apocalypse too but that's something that gets glossed over a lot so idk how to factor that in
(May 24, 2017 at 5:01 PM)Draku Wrote:
(May 24, 2017 at 4:59 PM)zelma Wrote: Bigger than the general whiteness of the film, I feel as though Cinderella layed down the foundation of the basic mainstream movie princess story; in that, it is the original blueprint. Since then there have many renditions, and through time this has been improved upon again and again but in terms of overall impact, I personally give it up to Cinderella.
>disney invented cinderella's plot
Hmm...
They didn't Sakura-chan, but let's be honest. As great and amazing the original versions were,

We as Americans don't give a fuck about Perrault's version of Cinderella. Disney gang or die.
T-man
(May 24, 2017 at 5:13 PM)zelma Wrote: They didn't Sakura-chan, but let's be honest. As great and amazing the original versions were,

We as Americans don't give a fuck about Perrault's version of Cinderella. Disney gang or die.
Doing something first doesn't mean shit, doing it best does.
CHESHIRE ☯
(May 24, 2017 at 5:05 PM)Fun With Despair Wrote: i'm gonna be real here, going off that 9/11 point, what the world needs to be chill is a common enemy group that is racially and sexually diverse.

craft an evil ass organization out of people from all races and walks of life and suddenly you have something for people to unite against that they can't fling shit and stereotype over.

would solve a lot of problems

WE are that organization, Despair.

(May 24, 2017 at 5:15 PM)T-man Wrote:
(May 24, 2017 at 5:13 PM)zelma Wrote: They didn't Sakura-chan, but let's be honest. As great and amazing the original versions were,

Doing something first doesn't mean shit, doing it best does.

I've never read something so morally Japanese in my life.
Pedigree
Peak of white america is probably Dorito Locos Tacos.