anything even remotely similar to god hand
sealelement
metroid
100% pure gamer 100%
Briraka
spyro 4
Spritanium
(May 23, 2017 at 4:05 AM)T-man Wrote: a paper mario in the style of 64 and ttyd

After the fan backlash to Sticker Star and Color Splash, I HAVE to believe that Nintendo will get the hint. Mario's 3D platformers are returning to their roots so maybe the Paper series can get a real installment too. I don't think they'd reveal it this early though
[Image: supercorrect.png]
T-man
(May 23, 2017 at 3:29 PM)Spritanium Wrote:
(May 23, 2017 at 4:05 AM)T-man Wrote: a paper mario in the style of 64 and ttyd

After the fan backlash to Sticker Star and Color Splash, I HAVE to believe that Nintendo will get the hint. Mario's 3D platformers are returning to their roots so maybe the Paper series can get a real installment too. I don't think they'd reveal it this early though

Nah, Nintendo tried to pass Paper Mario fans on to the Mario and Luigi series. I'm gonna level with you all, Mario and Luigi is not a suitable replacement for Paper Mario. I vastly prefer Paper Mario's relaxed tactical combat compared to Mario and Luigi's EVERY ATTACK AND DODGE IS A MINI GAME!!!11 I like being able to completely sweep enemies because I carefully decided which attacks to use, not because I'm really good at frantic button prompts.
Spritanium
(May 23, 2017 at 6:27 PM)T-man Wrote: EVERY ATTACK IS A MINI GAME!!!11

This is exactly why I prefer M&L to any other style of RPG
[Image: supercorrect.png]
T-man
(May 23, 2017 at 6:28 PM)Spritanium Wrote:

I feel like it's been taken to the extreme in recent entries. The whack-a-mole style enemy from Dream Team immediately comes to mind. I don't really want to do all this involved, timing-sensitive shit for common enemies. I feel like Paper Mario struck the balance better. It had timing elements but it wasn't as integral to your success or survival. Attacks that required multiple successful inputs were usually the highest tier, which is how it should be. Kicking the shell every single battle because it's the best way to chip damage from the group gets fucking old.
Draku
(May 23, 2017 at 6:28 PM)Spritanium Wrote:

It worked for the first game extremely well because they had the balance right.

And then PiT came out and shit the bed so hard... followed by them using the same bullshit for every M&L since.
[Image: s2n7oi.png]
Mario
(May 23, 2017 at 2:27 PM)Briraka Wrote: spyro 4

careful what you wish for, there was a time people said this about sonic
T-man
(May 23, 2017 at 8:59 PM)Mario Wrote:

That just means in 7 or so years they'll get what they actually meant.
Mario
do they even still make spyro games? I think Sonic really pioneered what rock bottom for a video game classic character looks like, not sure if anyone's going to be able to tread new grounds (rayman is pretty close though tbh)
T-man
Spyro became Skylanders and since Skylanders was successful Spyro 4 is a pretty safe bet for never ever.
Mario
I completely forgot lol. I can't even look at that and see it as a bad thing cuz you have what happened to Rayman right next to it; i'd take skylanders any day
Draku
rayman got origins and legends as well as some pretty great mobile games though
[Image: s2n7oi.png]
T-man
(May 23, 2017 at 9:22 PM)Draku Wrote: rayman got origins and legends as well as some pretty great mobile games though

Yeah, the Rabbids may have cucked Rayman in the early Wii age but he got a couple of really great games in the future.
Briraka
(May 23, 2017 at 8:59 PM)Mario Wrote:

well, if you could count sonic 4 as a proper sequel...

[Image: Spyro_-_Enter_the_Dragonfly_Coverart.jpg]

... too late.