I don't think Minus World will survive the next Internal Shakening

CHESHIRE ☯
And I think it's coming. It's going to be huge, and it's going to have aftershocks that will retain momentum for months.

Mass Members will leave.
Threads and forums will go barren for days on end.
The Garrison will secede and then starve on it's own.
Killing Game will meld into a subforum of Kira Game.
2 high profile MWers will pass away.

So is the written, so it shall be. Prepare.
Shroomguy
... Why is this happening brug
The Beef Baron
Draku
(May 24, 2017 at 3:30 PM)Shroomguy Wrote: ... Why is this happening brug
netsplit
[Image: s2n7oi.png]
Fun With Despair
i will not let killing game move to kgf

...unless I'm the one who passes away Dread
Yrrzy
pls no
CHESHIRE ☯
(May 24, 2017 at 3:34 PM)Draku Wrote:
(May 24, 2017 at 3:30 PM)Shroomguy Wrote: ... Why is this happening brug
netsplit

This is exactly it. Minus World as a hub for content struggles to compete with the IRC/Livechat format. Discord even seems to not only be a strong format for quick reaction conversation, but it does it better than the BBCode Forum.

I personally prefer the forum format, and with the fun improvements to create it into less of your standard message board and more of an ARG-like RPG, I think it carries greater longevity than most other sites. But we need to create some sort of new-member influx like we used to if we want to sustain it.

The podcasts are a great start, but who wants to maybe take it all a step further? Game nights, more high-profile forum contests, etc. I'm sure we'll all livestream E3 as usual, wouldn't it be interesting to have a MW panel of sorts that commentated on it as it was live? We could stream straight to the Youtube channel for instance.

…these are just ideas, but the current status quo is going to drown this forum. The drama alone will crack us because it's all encompassing at times.
Fun With Despair
i'd actually be down for an MW live E3 podcast

assuming i didn't have to work
Draku
We're doing a Discord embed for E3 and people can hop into the voice channel if they want. Bad idea to do our own re-stream due to delay between those watching it legit and all.
Fun With Despair
(May 24, 2017 at 4:14 PM)Draku Wrote: We're doing a Discord embed for E3 and people can hop into the voice channel if they want. Bad idea to do our own re-stream due to delay between those watching it legit and all.
speaking of discord embeds, that's got me wondering whether it would be worth it to embed the killing game channel into the KGG so people don't complain about missing stuff
CHESHIRE ☯
(May 24, 2017 at 4:14 PM)Draku Wrote: We're doing a Discord embed for E3 and people can hop into the voice channel if they want. Bad idea to do our own re-stream due to delay between those watching it legit and all.

True, a re-stream is likely not the best option. I like the Discord embed though. Sure enough I'll be on it for the majority.
Draku
(May 24, 2017 at 4:19 PM)Fun With Despair Wrote: speaking of discord embeds, that's got me wondering whether it would be worth it to embed the killing game channel into the KGG so people don't complain about missing stuff
shit thats a good idea
T-man
mw never dies forever
Spritanium
I don't even think it's showing any signs of dying now
[Image: supercorrect.png]
Superchao
it will when i kill it
God
minus world will live on in the hearts of all of us
"If Your Plate Doesn't Have Any Beef On It, Send It Back To The Hecking Cafeteria!!!" - OracularRELOADED
Battle Eagle
minus world is reclining
Draku
(May 25, 2017 at 11:38 PM)Battle Eagle Wrote: minus world is reclining
[Image: 9y8Q83n.jpg]
God
tbf tho this community is incredibly resilient and has survived every Shakening so far, there's no reason why it won't survive the next one.
"If Your Plate Doesn't Have Any Beef On It, Send It Back To The Hecking Cafeteria!!!" - OracularRELOADED
Aidan
if we're concerned about collateral damage from Shakenings maybe we need some beef mitigation factors
weren't we going to send Mad Posters to the salt mines
Fun With Despair
(May 27, 2017 at 4:29 PM)BlasterMaster Wrote: if we're concerned about collateral damage from Shakenings maybe we need some beef mitigation factors
weren't we going to send Mad Posters to the salt mines
in that case why aren't you there?