How much money have you lost from deciding not to invest in bitcoins that one time

God
£20,000
"If Your Plate Doesn't Have Any Beef On It, Send It Back To The Hecking Cafeteria!!!" - OracularRELOADED
Mario
i remember when they were like $10/coin (maybe like 3 years after bitcoin started?) and I started mining but realized I'd be spending more money on electricity than I'd get back so I said fuck it, I figured the boom was already over.

If media companies can sue for lost profits from piracy can I sue for lost profits from bit coin
God
lol

i reckon it's still worth investing in them though. best to cut your losses etc.
"If Your Plate Doesn't Have Any Beef On It, Send It Back To The Hecking Cafeteria!!!" - OracularRELOADED
T-man
i dont understand bitcoin and where it comes from
Mario
someone please help t man find out where bit coin comes from so I may also find that info out and litigate them for lost profits
T-man
is this a bitcoin

[Image: hqdefault.jpg]
Draku
I remember when it was first starting up I thought it would easily take off and that I really wished that I was in a situation where I could have gotten into it. Then when I actually was I thought it was too late because it was looking kinda faltering at the time.

Would have made a ton of money by now either way lol.
[Image: s2n7oi.png]
God
Alas, hindsight is a wonderful thing
rtsmarty
i keep thinking that i should buy some bitcoins and just let them stay there for a few years but i really don't want to get into currency trading because i would get addicted
CHESHIRE ☯
I need to make REAL coin first.

Somebody give me a whole coin.
God
yeah i feel that. but maybe the real way to make real coin is to buy fake coins with it
CHESHIRE ☯
…can I take out like, bitcoin loans? Is there a bitcoin bank?

Is this literally just fake stock market? This is why America hasn't had gold for decades, people…
Spritanium
(May 25, 2017 at 3:53 PM)SODA FiZZ Wrote:
Is this literally just fake stock market?
Yes, just like the real stock market
[Image: supercorrect.png]
Aidan
bitcoin is like an elaborate joke that went way too far
Mario
I'd be pretty happy if I got even 1 early on, but then again I guess i'd be in the dilemma of figuring out how and when to cash out
Draku
(May 25, 2017 at 10:24 PM)Mario Wrote: I'd be pretty happy if I got even 1 early on, but then again I guess i'd be in the dilemma of figuring out how and when to cash out
Yeah that's another thing, we know NOW how the value's been but there's been a lot of scares and bad press in the past. Not to mention scams and what have you. You're also able to pay for a LOT more (legal) stuff nowadays with it than you used to be able to.
[Image: s2n7oi.png]
Fun With Despair
my issue with bitcoin is like

even now I could buy a load and at the very least not lose money at all, but I have legitimately never came across an easy way to just fucking cash out. It's always some seedy bullshit method that's probably going to end with me getting fucked over, so ultimately I'd be sitting on a couple hundred thousand dollars but they're dollars I literally can't spend on anything meaningful
Spritanium
I decided to buy bitcoins to pay for weed seeds

I am now the proud owner of 0.02 bitcoins that may or may not appreciate in value
Puddin
I haven't bothered to mess with it yet because I heard something about how mining bitcoin makes your CPU run at full percentage. According to rumor (I don't understand hardware so forgive me if this sounds absurd, and please correct me if I've been misinformed/disinformed) both my laptop and tower are like 2005 specs so it would run the electric bill super haywire to try to mine bitcoins (plus it's too late for me to even bother to try with computers with such sucky specs.) Anyway utilities are included with rent where I live so if I did something coo-coo with the electric bill I'd probably just get evicted.

As for buying bitcoins, I haven't been able to find a reliable place to buy them. I asked here once, and people got super demanding and said "what for" and I was too embarrassed to admit it was to donate to a website that has uh... risque anime pictures, to put it politely. I didn't want to use bitcoin for political causes in case anyone was worried about that.
Spritanium
I bought them from coinbase

I forgot mining was a thing lol

Where does anything you find when mining even come from