God
Message in a Bottle
  • Target one player and write a message. That message is added to that player's list of randomly generated greeting messages above their username in the top-right UI. Messages submitted in this way appear as gold text instead of the skin's default colour. The alternate text of that message will say "This message was written by [user]."
"If Your Plate Doesn't Have Any Beef On It, Send It Back To The Hecking Cafeteria!!!" - OracularRELOADED
Spritanium
I like this a lot
[Image: supercorrect.png]
Draku
thats creative, good sh*t that i'd like to see added.
[Image: s2n7oi.png]
Two_Finger
tbh I think this would benefit from the stick around affect
Spritanium
I think this idea might work better with random events

Select a user, type a customized random event for them (image is of a message in a bottle) and it'll be added to their pool of random events with a low probability. Also have a 1/10000 chance of seeing a message intended for someone else, in which case it says something like "Better toss this back..."
Spritanium
Oh and maybe have an option to destroy the bottle so you never see that message again (would prevent the need for a lot of bottle-based moderation)
God
every amazing idea i submit gets watered down into something less good because it's a Rule to Change Everything Oracular Contributes or something
"If Your Plate Doesn't Have Any Beef On It, Send It Back To The Hecking Cafeteria!!!" - OracularRELOADED
Yrrzy
(May 27, 2017 at 9:44 AM)OracularREBORN Wrote: every amazing idea i submit gets watered down into something less good because it's a Rule to Change Everything Oracular Contributes or something

it is
God
i guess it's For The Best
Spritanium
I mean I was just floating an idea. I think a random event would be more noticeable than a message in the welcome block, either way works though
T-man
(May 29, 2017 at 4:34 PM)Spritanium Wrote: I mean I was just floating an idea. I think a random event would be more noticeable than a message in the welcome block, either way works though
I honestly think finding a message in a bottle event would be more noticeable too. Or maybe even you could find actual messages in a bottle like you do minus balls. You can choose who they go to or to send them out at random. Maybe you could be given an interface to draw a picture or message. It'd be fun to happen upon doodles from other users as you browse
Spritanium
Oh shit I like the actual message in a bottle idea best of all

That would be hilarious if you could pick a specific user to send it to but there was only like an 80% chance it reaches the correct user
fucker5
I don't like the chance of it reaching the wrong user personally. I like the original idea best
Puddin
I agree with OP and Fucker5.
Pedigree
I like this idea, why was it never revisited?
God
(Jul 7, 2017 at 1:19 AM)Pedigree Wrote: I like this idea, why was it never revisited?

(Jun 20, 2017 at 3:45 PM)gothgirlgangORACULAR Wrote: File under: Amazing Ideas That Everyone Agrees With But Doesn't Get Implemented Because Oracular Was The One Who Suggested It
T-man
dont feel too bad oracular, no ideas are being implemented because spritey is dead
God
bump
Pedigree
Sure if they come with a report function for abuse

otherwise no thx
God
goodcontribution, thank you pedigree