In my opinion, I'm starting to see this spectrum shit unfold.

Pink isn't that bad of a color; but only certain shades.

I think if my future son(but I'm not having kids) were to like the color pink I wouldn't immediately assume he was going to play with barbies now. I'd assume he is on his own path to individuality and should be respected for doing so but also I'd blame myself for exposing him to pretty cure too early(18+ show).

Thoughts?
T-man
You're right, all colors are top-tier when they're the right shade. I have this pastel lavender t-shirt that I really like. I'd like to have more shirts with pastel colors.
Puddin
People are all pink on the inside. Gotta Blast
God
When the rainbow fades,
Its colours are carried away;
The rain brings new truths.
"If Your Plate Doesn't Have Any Beef On It, Send It Back To The Hecking Cafeteria!!!" - OracularRELOADED
CHESHIRE ☯
Pink was a masculine color at one point, since it's a hue of red. Our perception of color association is completely based on our present media culture, and right now we're in an odd time where fluorescent and vibrant colors are back in the mainstream view.

Pink is an incredibly powerful and visible color with tons of application, without giving the often uneasy or unclear readability bright highlight colors give on most mediums. So it's being actively used more and more. The only reason it ever became considered a feminine color is because masculinity was starting to be attached to gritty, dirty, and muted color schemes, and the remainder fell to the wayside as opposing fun and lively colors. These colors would then be utilized mostly in fashion trends, and women were the prime demographic driving these trends by and large and utilizing all of these more "fun" colors. Dolls, being a fashion-based toy, were a symptom of this shift.

In the 80s-90s fluorescent coloring became in as a cool, futuristic aesthetic that a lot of media was using, and Fuchsia was again able to flaunt it's prominent values as one of the brighter, more visible yet non-abrasive colors. Neon and fluorescent colors fell off for awhile in the 2000s with the advent of LEDs and bringing the full spectrum to the neon realm, but as we're currently experiencing an odd 80s aesthetic revival in the media alongside the cultures awareness of pushing to break the gender conformity, pink is gaining some great momentum in this jackrabbit race.

>tl;dr none of this matters what so ever. Our emotional and social perception of color is total, complete nonsense manipulated by mass media. It is entirely reliant on the current state of what we see around us, and that can change with even the most simple viral thought. It's best to let anyone just utilize and appreciate the colors they most gravitate towards.

Pedigree
Raise one kid on anime and the other on anything but anime, see how they each turn out.