Puddin
Both my tower and my laptop are from around 2005 and both have eerily similar GPU issues: GPU doesn't have drivers past Vista, installing the Vista drivers on Windows 7 causes BSOD on both machines, and the Windows 7 default GPU drivers don't seem to run as well.

Well a few months ago I just downgraded to Windows Vista on both machines and I didn't realize support for Windows Vista ended last month. Going to upgrade back to Windows 7 I guess. I hope support for that isn't ending in like a month. I've also been thinking of doing a [what_you_are_thinking_of_is_gnu_plus_linux.txt] Distro on both machines instead but IDK. I've toyed around and they're still kind of intimidating to me (plus I can't seem to find one that's super stable and I forgot all the ones people suggested. FTR my favorite desktop environment is XFCE.

IDK why I'm making this thread. Doesn't really belong in the help forum because I don't expect answers besides "buy new machines or GPUs so you can use Windows 10" or "Linux isn't that hard" I guess I'm just wondering if anyone relates to this issue of not being able to afford a decent machine.

I mean I guess nowadays I could get a barebone kit off Tigerdirect for pretty cheap or even a laptop at Target but even $50 is a lot of money to me so you can imagine why a new machine, even a cheap one for a couple hundred dollars, isn't in my near future.

I guess I should be grateful I've been even able to get away with doing all the computing tasks I like to do on hardware that's over a decade old. If I still can't afford a new machine or GPU by the time support for Windows 7 ends then I guess I will just install a distro. I'm just not very good at computers.

IDK. Can anyone relate to any of this?
Pedigree
Have you tried apologizing to your PC?
Puddin
(Jun 7, 2017 at 11:03 PM)Pedigree Wrote: Have you tried apologizing to your PC?

Yes, several times.