I'm an ex-Taco Bell employee, I'll tell you anything you wanna know about Taco Bell.

strawberryjamboree
I got nothing but time.
Mario
[deleted]
strawberryjamboree
Standalone
T-man
can I get a large baja blast
strawberryjamboree
You can get anything you want.
In fact, if you use the correct polite keywords in the correct strand, (hello, how are you, I'm well thank you, can I please have, thank you), you can get anything you want however you want it.
I once gave a man a Frutista Freeze cup full of lettuce because he asked for it right.
We can put Baja Blast in the lid of a Fiesta Taco Salad Bowl container if you want.
T-man
(Jul 30, 2016 at 1:39 AM)strawberryjamboree Wrote: I once gave a man a Frutista Freeze cup full of lettuce because he asked for it right.
literally why
strawberryjamboree
I don't question any man's personal life, I just do what I'm told
Two_Finger
too bad you had to go
how often did people ask to use the bathroom
strawberryjamboree
I miss it in ways.

There was a girl who lived in the bathroom and only came out to smoke.
She didn't get fired for a month.
Everyone else was reasonable about bathroom breaks.
Spritanium
Fuck I miss the fruitista freeze

Now they have those even-more-white-trash ones (which are still delicious but you know)
[Image: supercorrect.png]
strawberryjamboree
They're even better split half and half
Or thirds
Beako
  • Were you cashier, cook, or both?
  • How long did it take you to memorize the cash register touch screen menu?
  • Did you ever have a customer make you cry?
  • Did you a get discount meal in the middle of an 8 hour shift?
  • Did you ever screw up? Did you apologize? Did your manager respond "why are you apologizing?"
  • Was there always this guy who came in at 1AM who looked like he was on cocaine?
  • Did you ever piss off a customer? Did you Listen, Apologize, Satisfy, Thank (L.A.S.T.) whenever that happened? Did it work?
  • Did you ever have a large family come in and order like 50 tacos, not have enough money, leave to "get money from their car," and then have the shift leader yell at you EVEN THOUGH IT WAS LIKE MY SECOND FUCKING WEEK AND NOBODY EVER TOLD ME THE COOKS WOULD MAKE THAT MANY TACOS AND THEN THE MANAGER WOULD YELL AT ME IF THE FAMILY BAILED?
  • Did the managers insist the cooks waste large amounts of food because of the bullshit "it encourages you to make fake orders on purpose to get free food" excuse?
  • Did you have to yell "chalupas coming back" to the cooks whenever a customer ordered chalupas so they could make them faster? Did you have certain shift leaders and managers that wanted you to do that and certain ones that said you weren't supposed to do that?
  • Did you clean tables and the restrooms when there were no customers like I did or did you dick around and moan "I'm bored" like most of the other employees?
  • Did you get customer surveys specifically mentioning your name and how friendly of a cashier you were almost every week like I did? [Image: carrot.gif] Did you get a free meal whenever that happened?
  • Did that music that played in every single fucking Taco Bell training video make you want to bash your head into the table? This fucking music? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3VWBGTbFZ7w
kaZaam
how ironic was it being a dessert that makes food
[Image: nIMDSBE.png]
strawberryjamboree
(Jul 30, 2016 at 2:19 AM)Puddin Wrote:
  • Were you cashier, cook, or both?
  • How long did it take you to memorize the cash register touch screen menu?
  • Did you ever have a customer make you cry?
  • Did you a get discount meal in the middle of an 8 hour shift?
  • Did you ever screw up? Did you apologize? Did your manager respond "why are you apologizing?"
  • Was there always this guy who came in at 1AM who looked like he was on cocaine?
  • Did you ever piss off a customer? Did you Listen, Apologize, Satisfy, Thank (L.A.S.T.) whenever that happened? Did it work?
  • Did you ever have a large family come in and order like 50 tacos, not have enough money, leave to "get money from their car," and then have the shift leader yell at you EVEN THOUGH IT WAS LIKE MY SECOND FUCKING WEEK AND NOBODY EVER TOLD ME THE COOKS WOULD MAKE THAT MANY TACOS AND THEN THE MANAGER WOULD YELL AT ME IF THE FAMILY BAILED?
  • Did the managers insist the cooks waste large amounts of food because of the bullshit "it encourages you to make fake orders on purpose to get free food" excuse?
  • Did you have to yell "chalupas coming back" to the cooks whenever a customer ordered chalupas so they could make them faster? Did you have certain shift leaders and managers that wanted you to do that and certain ones that said you weren't supposed to do that?
  • Did you clean tables and the restrooms when there were no customers like I did or did you dick around and moan "I'm bored" like most of the other employees?
  • Did you get customer surveys specifically mentioning your name and how friendly of a cashier you were almost every week like I did? [Image: carrot.gif] Did you get a free meal whenever that happened?
  • Did that music that played in every single fucking Taco Bell training video make you want to bash your head into the table? This fucking music? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3VWBGTbFZ7w

>Cook, but when we were short-staff'd, I did the cash register too.

>Not long, we had the one with pictures.

>No, because I worked nights, and at night, the manager ins't around to insist that you can't be rude back to the customers.

>We all got to eat free whenever we wanted.

>Yes, yes, no. The manager were actually a really nice guy, he wasn't terribly competent though.

>No, but every night we got about ten country hicks clearly meth'd up out of their minds.

>I didn't piss anyone off actually. The times I back-talked to customers were times that they were undeniably in the wrong though, so they pretty much all had to just drop it. They never let me talk to women customers.

>No, but these two stupid bitched came through the drive thru at three in the morning once, asked for one of everything- yes we're serious- and then after it was finished, they said they didn't have enough money.

>Good lord, no. But, they didn't have any problem with us eating for free.

>Our kitchen was very small and the speaker system was set up in such a way that you could hear a customer ordering anywhere in the building save for the dining area, so everyone automatically knew when chalupas were needed.

>We would take that time to eat and. If anything was on the floor, we swept. We basically stayed out of the dining area until we closed for the night.

>No and no. I don't anyone ever took a survey in the three years I worked there.

>We actually didn't use a video.

kaZaam
(Jul 30, 2016 at 2:19 AM)Puddin Wrote:
sorry
strawberryjamboree
(Jul 30, 2016 at 2:33 AM)Kazaam Wrote: how ironic was it being a dessert that makes food

It only felt bad when they made my fry cinnamon twists, empanadas, and the short-lived churos.
kaZaam
oh god those monsters
strawberryjamboree
(Jul 30, 2016 at 2:54 AM)Kazaam Wrote: oh god those monsters

;-;
Beako
Man your Taco Bell sounds way better than the one I worked at.

I don't understand why the customers did surveys so frequently at mine VS yours. I think customers got a free dessert code or some kind of incentive for doing surveys when I was there (I only worked there for a few months VS a few years so maybe I was getting used to something that wasn't permanent) and if they happened to mention an employee name the employee would get a free meal.

Glad to hear you got free meals at yours all the time. IDK why they were so stingy where I worked. I shouldn't badmouth them too much because the manager who hired me was really nice but most of the shift leads were dicks to me.

Wanna say they felt threatened by me outpreforming them but since we're in realtalk mode now I don't want to sound narcissistic. Maybe they were dicks to me because I'm a doormat and they were stressed out. FTR I didn't get fired, I ended up giving notice and quitting.

Hope I didn't hijack your thread it's just nice to talk to someone else who's worked there, even though your experience mostly sounds like it was better than mine.
strawberryjamboree
(Jul 30, 2016 at 3:22 AM)Puddin Wrote: Man your Taco Bell sounds way better than the one I worked at.

I don't understand why the customers did surveys so frequently at mine VS yours. I think customers got a free dessert code or some kind of incentive for doing surveys when I was there (I only worked there for a few months VS a few years so maybe I was getting used to something that wasn't permanent) and if they happened to mention an employee name the employee would get a free meal.

Glad to hear you got free meals at yours all the time. IDK why they were so stingy where I worked. I shouldn't badmouth them too much because the manager who hired me was really nice but most of the shift leads were dicks to me.

Wanna say they felt threatened by me outpreforming them but since we're in realtalk mode now I don't want to sound narcissistic. Maybe they were dicks to me because I'm a doormat and they were stressed out. FTR I didn't get fired, I ended up giving notice and quitting.

Hope I didn't hijack your thread it's just nice to talk to someone else who's worked there, even though your experience mostly sounds like it was better than mine.

S'all goodman
Sorry to hear your time was shit