T-man
Which class would you pick in dodgeball?

Being the tubby little fuck that I am, I liked to play support by gathering all the wayward balls and tossing them to more competent throwers.
Stirling
I'd pick the Primary Arc Dodger. For the uninitiated, this is the style of play influenced by being forward thinking and adventurous built on top of the ability to swerve my movements as to barely not be hit - but in prediction of where the dodgeball will be thrown, not in response. This allows me to be a heavy-hitting member while nullifying most average players; only the Turretted and Higher Skilled members have a chance at hitting me, and my defenses are downgraded on being so agile such that these two types of members are super-effective against me.
Get it by your own hands.

MFGG Staff Slaying Expert
Kill List
Spoiler:
Assist List
Spoiler:
Spritanium
I pick the "stand off to the side and try not to get hit" class

The game of dodgeball is like, an abstracted physical representation of how introversion felt as a child

And then there's the "no hitting above the neck" rule that exists to save face and isn't actually enforced
[Image: supercorrect.png]
T-man
(Jun 12, 2017 at 6:56 PM)Spritanium Wrote: I pick the "stand off to the side and try not to get hit" class

The game of dodgeball is like, an abstracted physical representation of how introversion felt as a child

And then there's the "no hitting above the neck" rule that exists to save face and isn't actually enforced
That's pretty dramatic. I dunno about your school but our school had pussy foam dodgeballs so even if you got drilled in the face it was no worse than a moderate slap.

[Image: usdset.jpg]
Yrrzy
i Like dodgeball

i dodge and then i Ball
Dude
(Jun 12, 2017 at 7:06 PM)T-man Wrote: I dunno about your school but our school had pussy foam dodgeballs so even if you got drilled in the face it was no worse than a moderate slap.
except those thing still gave people huge fucking bruises because nobody has any chill in dodgeball
Spritanium
Dude what are those balls? We had full on textured rubber cherry balls
T-man
(Jun 12, 2017 at 8:56 PM)Spritanium Wrote: Dude what are those balls? We had full on textured rubber cherry balls
Yeah man, these are the new age "every child is precious" balls they started to use. They're floaty as fuck and not effective long range. Textured rubber balls have got to fucking suck.
T-man

>they nerfed dodgeball irl

Yoshin
My PE class played dodgeball with basketballs once
it was a bad day
T-man
(Jun 12, 2017 at 9:19 PM)Diantha Wrote: My PE class played dodgeball with basketballs once
it was a bad day
That's just madness
Briraka
i hated PE class, with dodgeball being the worst. almost every time the teacher made us play a game involving balls, i'd usually get hit by one of the kids who were in some sports team, or were just stronger than me in general.
Spritanium
Hmm we have to give these kids 30 minutes of government mandated exercise, I wonder how we can best take advantage of this??

How about we give them a bunch of hard rubber balls and let the shy ones run for their lives as the popular athletic ones are celebrated for assaulting them? Bullying is bad unless we make a game out of it.

I didn't even have trouble with dodgeball as a kid, the whole concept just pisses me off. It's barely even a real game, and I've heard so many stories from people who were just traumatized by it.
Fun With Despair
I kicked ass at dodgeball, I fucking loved this game.

It was probably the only game in gym class I even came close to enjoying, and I was a total fuckin loser. Makes me sad that other people didn't think it was as goddamn awesome as I did
T-man
(Jun 12, 2017 at 10:46 PM)Fun With Despair Wrote: I kicked ass at dodgeball, I fucking loved this game.

It was probably the only game in gym class I even came close to enjoying, and I was a total fuckin loser. Makes me sad that other people didn't think it was as goddamn awesome as I did

Yeah I'm really floored by how many people are down about it. It was practically the only unifying thing in school. Friendly games of dodgeball can be a lot of fun, especially when it comes down to the last person standing.
kaZaam
regular dodgeball is like whatever but goddamn the way my middleschool did it was THE SHIT. like we'd get out a few of those foldable yoga mat things and set em up sideways like barricades on each side and then put like twice as many balls into play. so it turned more into a defensive game of being fast and taking cover at the right time while scrambling to keep the barricades up while still keeping yourself on your side instead of just dodging/throwing balls like usual. it was fucking great

hs gym was like 100% basketball/volleyball which were fun too but goddamn wish i could play that again somehow
[Image: nIMDSBE.png]
sealelement
I liked that movie!

Also, my junior high band had this big dodgeball tournament when I was in like 7th grade at this party event thing we did. It was fun. I think that every time my team played past the first round though (I believe it was me and a couple of friends) it got down to like one or two people on our team who were actually athletic who had to carry us while everyone else got knocked out in the first minute

So if MW dodgeball happened I'd be bad at it is what I'm saying. If I had to be a dodgeball class I'd be the Civilian
100% pure gamer 100%
Spritanium
I think with those bitchy little foam balls dodgeball could be really fun

I still prefer handball though, a more civilized rubber-ball-game
Draku
always played with those rough textured ones but no one ever threw them hard enough for things to be an issue.

shit was pretty fun tbh.
[Image: s2n7oi.png]
Spritanium
Balls fly through the air
Some ecstatic, others scared
Inconsistency