Let's all admire the new Super Mario Odyssey trailer

T-man
here we go~

off the rails~

how many times have you watched it in the past hour and half? I've probably watched it 15 times.
Spritanium
Holy shit, it's honest to god effort

And so much of it

Also possessing Donald Trump @ 2:06
[Image: supercorrect.png]
T-man
Also now that we know Mario has different outfits in this game it's time to readdress the Samurai Mario shirt Miyamoto wore on Jimmy Fallon

[Image: samurai_mario_miyamoto.jpg]

[Image: ObwRC6t.png]
T-man
[Image: DCOCC4sUMAATirc.jpg]
T-man
Endgame
I am willing to bet that the final level will be on the moon.
Draku
(Jun 13, 2017 at 6:19 PM)Endgame Wrote: I am willing to bet that the final level will be on the moon.
[Image: iRI0Yhl.png]
[Image: s2n7oi.png]
T-man

full song
Bee
(Jun 13, 2017 at 9:30 PM)T-man Wrote:
full song

this song completely stole the show for me
i cant get enough of it
Bee
[Image: mlyhps.png]
I TAKE IT BACK MARIO'S MUSTACHE FINALLY MATCHING HIS HAIR STOLE THE SHOW FOR ME
kaZaam
really like the theme but im still kinda confused as to what exactly this is. like is it open-world or still just a platformer or what?

also is that pauline there at the end
[Image: nIMDSBE.png]
Mario
I hope the worlds feel big but aren't actually huge
T-man
(Jun 14, 2017 at 1:35 AM)kaZaam Wrote: really like the theme but im still kinda confused as to what exactly this is. like is it open-world or still just a platformer or what?

also is that pauline there at the end

They're calling it "Sandbox" meaning in the vein of 64 and Sunshine. Here's some vids that should shed some light on the nature of the game.

There's more in-depth Treehouse stuff but considering their length I'll leave you to find them if you so choose.
T-man
(Jun 14, 2017 at 1:37 AM)Mario Wrote: I hope the worlds feel big but aren't actually huge
There's a map screen I've seen in various videos and the levels seem large, but not excessive. The only map screen we haven't seen is of the Wood Kingdom which definitely seems like the largest level shown yet
Syaxamaphone
I absolutely love the transforming mechanic! I'm super excited for this!
[Image: NZRK1uk.gif]
T-man
(Jun 14, 2017 at 1:47 AM)Syaxamaphone Wrote: I absolutely love the transforming mechanic! I'm super excited for this!
Yeah, it was definitely an angle I was not expecting. Before now I thought hat throwing was a pretty mild central mechanic, but wow.
ProtoTroid-13
I have never been more hyped for a new Mario.

I just had a big ol' smile on my face throughout the entire thing.
Syaxamaphone
Important question, MW: New trailer is good but does it top last year's trailer?

[Image: NZRK1uk.gif]
EH2
Let me say this again:

I ADORE the skeletons-in-sarape NPCs. Someone get me a high quality screenshot of one.

EDIT: Found one, but not big enough...
Spritanium
(Jun 14, 2017 at 1:39 AM)T-man Wrote:

Oh man @ 1:52

They brought back the FLUDD-less levels from Sunshine, just random blocks floating out in space

This is the only context where random floating blocks work well in a 3D Mario game

Edit: ehh I guess it's more like the challenges from Galaxy, but still I'm willing to bet there are some platforming-based levels like that
[Image: supercorrect.png]