Spritanium
We're extremely close to officially launching the new Minus World. We already have a "list of shit that needs to be fixed" thread, but since that one is now 7 pages and not maintained, I'd like to start a new thread to weed out the most prominent bugs and missing features. After launch, lower-priority items will continue being worked on.

Here's what I can think of currently, please report your own bugs below:

Spells
- Admins and mods should be able to disable spells on individual posts.
- There should be a maximum number of Spells a user can cast per day to prevent inevitable spamming Done 7/31, set to 10 per user per day
- Autocorrect breaks edit reason on posts
- Final Spell costs need to be confirmed and set
- Users must be able to disable receiving/casting spells

Threads
- Post editor has no smiley button
- Markdown still disabled because it conflicts with tagging users (@)
- Preview tab doesn't work
[Image: supercorrect.png]
T-man
The profile banners need a cropper bad
Yoshin
yeah, why do they zoom in and shit, they should just straight up show the image(the rounded corners are nice though so keep those)
T-man
Autocorrect can break upon editing and the caster should be refunded if this happens
kaZaam
not a big thing but good sh*t just doesnt work on the first click sometimes
kaZaam
oh and line breaking after quoting is still broken
[Image: nIMDSBE.png]
Draku
(Aug 1, 2016 at 4:06 AM)Kazaam Wrote: oh and line breaking after quoting is still broken
important
[Image: s2n7oi.png]
kaZaam
still cant gib abilities to certain users
Elyk
Speaking of abilities I'm not sure if it was fixed but the report button on abilities wasn't working properly when I tried it a while back. I reported an ability Draku had and then until the report was closed I was unable to see the ability on his profile (meaning I also couldn't read what it was to see if it was a valid report).
kaZaam
(Aug 3, 2016 at 2:47 AM)Elyk Wrote: I reported an ability Draku had
lmao
Mario
[deleted]
God
three things that are probably iOS specific:

the green 'new' button next to topic titles on the forums' pages directs me to the last post in the topic, not the last unread post.

the notification that someone has made a post whilst i was wirting a post doesnt exist when using wuick reply (havent tested full reply)

the goodshit/reaction bar overlaps on signatures, and overlaps on text of members with no signaturs. this means i have to copy and paste into a text box to read some people's posts if they r abojve a cerain lenght
God
oh yeah and multiquote is just straight up broken for me, i can only use @whoever to bring the attention of someone (or copy and paste which is so bullshit on iOS). the quote/edit/report/delete bar only comes up on my own posts after i refresh. for some reason i can't delete or edit posts by other people.
"If Your Plate Doesn't Have Any Beef On It, Send It Back To The Hecking Cafeteria!!!" - OracularRELOADED
Beako
(Aug 1, 2016 at 12:45 AM)T-man Wrote: Autocorrect can break upon editing and the caster should be refunded if this happens
Yeah I edit my posts a lot but I don't want to be able to reverse autocorrect spells and/or rob anyone of their EXP.
T-man
I don't know if it breaks JUST by editing, but naturally it does break when the phrase is changed or removed.
Beako
I want to help but I don't know what skills I'd need. Are there any good resources for unintelligent, analytical, mnemonists such as myself to learn PHP? Or would the pre-launch bugs already be fixed by the time I gained a useful amount of knowledge?
Yoshin
PHP isn't that hard to learn, probably one of the easiest for me
As always w3schools is a good starting point http://www.w3schools.com/php/
Beako
I've used that site before to edit minor PHP things on my own website but... I basically had no idea what I was doing, and I didn't know it was a good website to actually learn PHP from the ground up. Thanks, I'll check it out.

PS: I like your sig.
Mario
[deleted]