add Good Sh*t button for the new logo

kaZaam
so i can click it like fifty times
T-man
bumpin this shit because the new logo is really sweet
Two_Finger
to add to this I personally would like to react to members avatars/signatures
maybe have the count shown for them be specific to a revision?
kaZaam
lmao good idea
Mario
[deleted]
T-man
I like the idea of reacting to avatars and signatures. That seems like a good fit for the profile, I feel like that would clutter threads.
Spritanium
(May 24, 2016 at 6:02 PM)T-man Wrote: I like the idea of reacting to avatars and signatures. That seems like a good fit for the profile, I feel like that would clutter threads.

@rtsmarty do you think the current reaction system could be extended to do this without much trouble?

We'd have to clear them every time a person changes their avatar probably
[Image: supercorrect.png]
T-man
(May 24, 2016 at 9:23 PM)Spritanium Wrote:
(May 24, 2016 at 6:02 PM)T-man Wrote: I like the idea of reacting to avatars and signatures. That seems like a good fit for the profile, I feel like that would clutter threads.

@rtsmarty do you think the current reaction system could be extended to do this without much trouble?

So long as users keep EXP earned from the wiped reactions I think it's a nonissue.
Draku
(May 24, 2016 at 10:09 PM)T-man Wrote:
(May 24, 2016 at 9:23 PM)Spritanium Wrote:

So long as users keep EXP earned from the wiped reactions I think it's a nonissue.
agree with all of this, sounds like a fantastic feature
[Image: s2n7oi.png]
rtsmarty
uhh it wouldn't be impossible i don't think but it's not just a quick fix or anything. i have an idea for how it would work though. im not gonna be able to work on it for a good while (like i'd probably have lost my admin privileges by the time i get around to it i mean) but if anyone wants to give it a try i might be able to help

ps it kind of sucks that i got 3 notifications out of this because of 2 quotes, but i don't know if there's anything that can be done about that
Draku
(May 25, 2016 at 12:24 PM)rtsmarty Wrote: uhh it wouldn't be impossible i don't think but it's not just a quick fix or anything. i have an idea for how it would work though. im not gonna be able to work on it for a good while (like i'd probably have lost my admin privileges by the time i get around to it i mean) but if anyone wants to give it a try i might be able to help

ps it kind of sucks that i got 3 notifications out of this because of 2 quotes, but i don't know if there's anything that can be done about that
not like i couldn't tech admin you for however long you needed to work on it if it came to that

also i think quotes with your name included notifying you is a good feature
[Image: s2n7oi.png]
Spritanium
(May 25, 2016 at 12:24 PM)rtsmarty Wrote: uhh it wouldn't be impossible i don't think but it's not just a quick fix or anything. i have an idea for how it would work though. im not gonna be able to work on it for a good while (like i'd probably have lost my admin privileges by the time i get around to it i mean) but if anyone wants to give it a try i might be able to help

I can get it implemented. Could you give me your idea for how it should work?. Since avatars and sigs are obviously separate from posts, nothing immediately comes to mind for me
Spritanium
It might be easier to manage if they're technically just "profile reactions", but we place them next to the person's avatar. I don't think sig reactions would be as funny/necessary/doable as avatar ones, especially since people slightly-update their sigs all the time, whereas when you change an avatar it's sudden and dramatic
rtsmarty
(May 25, 2016 at 4:03 PM)Spritanium Wrote: Could you give me your idea for how it should work?. Since avatars and sigs are obviously separate from posts, nothing immediately comes to mind for me
My idea was to add another field in the reactions table which would specify whether it was against a post, an avatar or a signature. Just an integer with 0 being post, 1 being avatar, 2 being sig or something. Problem then is that the pid field is supposed to be NOT NULL, so I figured you could add fields to the users table too, to specify a sort of revision number for avatars and sigs, which just goes up by 1 when the user changes their sig or avatar. The pid field could then be repurposed to match against that revision number, so you could tell when it matches this particular revision for when you want to show the reactions and stuff.

I'm probably doing a poor job explaining, sorry. Hopefully I got the general idea across though.
Spritanium
(May 25, 2016 at 5:39 PM)rtsmarty Wrote:
(May 25, 2016 at 4:03 PM)Spritanium Wrote: Could you give me your idea for how it should work?. Since avatars and sigs are obviously separate from posts, nothing immediately comes to mind for me
My idea was to add another field in the reactions table which would specify whether it was against a post, an avatar or a signature. Just an integer with 0 being post, 1 being avatar, 2 being sig or something. Problem then is that the pid field is supposed to be NOT NULL, so I figured you could add fields to the users table too, to specify a sort of revision number for avatars and sigs, which just goes up by 1 when the user changes their sig or avatar. The pid field could then be repurposed to match against that revision number, so you could tell when it matches this particular revision for when you want to show the reactions and stuff.

I'm probably doing a poor job explaining, sorry. Hopefully I got the general idea across though.

Nah I understand. I'll get it figured out at some point, there are a few other things that could probably use my attention
T-man
(May 24, 2016 at 10:26 AM)wtl Wrote: can we make the new logo svg? asking for a friend

[Image: Jm66jBa.png]
kaZaam
don't see why a square logo needs svg neway
rtsmarty
(May 25, 2016 at 6:44 PM)McPhresh Wrote: don't see why a square logo needs svg neway
because browsers are dumb and try to make upscaled images look ~~pretty~~ by applying a filter which makes it look blurry if you're viewing at 2x size
Spritanium
(May 25, 2016 at 6:44 PM)McPhresh Wrote: don't see why a square logo needs svg neway

Same reason anything else does

Try zooming in on a raster image, or look at it on a high DPI device, and it'll be blurry
kaZaam
fuc. so should i get high dpi things or not