Splatoon 2 Splatfest Demo Tomorrow (7/15)

T-man
Anyone else gonna play this? The teams are Cake vs. Ice Cream

[Image: large.jpg]

I've always found cake to be inferior to ice cream because frosting is the best part of cake while ice cream is entirely good.

Anyway, this shit is going down at 3 PM PST/ 6 PM EST and ends at 7 PM PST/ 10 PM EST

See you there, squiddos
Shadow the Hedgehog
I'll play a couple hours
Mario
w-why do they have legs
Shadow the Hedgehog
(Jul 15, 2017 at 2:16 AM)Mario Wrote: w-why do they have legs

did you know a lot of things that humans eat have legs?
Mario
(Jul 15, 2017 at 2:45 AM)Shadow the Hedgehog Wrote:
(Jul 15, 2017 at 2:16 AM)Mario Wrote: w-why do they have legs

did you know a lot of things that humans eat have legs?

yeah can I get a large soft serve vanilla but keep the legs on
EH2
the cakes my coworkers buy must have legs

because by the time I arrive they're always gone
Poxni
traditional cake is way too "separate" in its material and falls apart easily

there's a whole plethora of superior baked sweets, even cookies
Poxni
what's the point of team cake
[Image: xPhNzA9.jpg]
T-man
(Jul 15, 2017 at 10:20 PM)Poxni Wrote: what's the point of team cake

In my experience they don't seem to even exist
Poxni
(Jul 15, 2017 at 10:27 PM)T-man Wrote:
(Jul 15, 2017 at 10:20 PM)Poxni Wrote: what's the point of team cake

In my experience they don't seem to even exist
did nintendo invent a new cryptid?
Shadow the Hedgehog
ok no Splatoon does not work without dual screens

if I get Spla2n I will be playing it solely for 1P and Salmon Run

unless I get used to not having the minimap on screen without the press of a button that is
Poxni
(Jul 15, 2017 at 11:15 PM)Shadow the Hedgehog Wrote: ok no Splatoon does not work without dual screens

unless I get used to not having the minimap on screen without the press of a button that is
i can live without the 2nd screen but it's still a huge thing to lose

i mean, they could have a constant minimap on the screen but dont for some reason?
Shadow the Hedgehog
At least a minimal option, yeah. Hopefully critics and fans sway them to add one in an update
Shadow the Hedgehog
Minimap*
Draku
(Jul 15, 2017 at 11:15 PM)Shadow the Hedgehog Wrote: ok no Splatoon does not work without dual screens

this is exactly what i've been fucking saying. splatoon 2 is literally garbage until they add the minimap back.
[Image: s2n7oi.png]
T-man
Having put in like 3 hours into the Splatfest I think the lack of a mini map is being blown out of proportion. It's inconvenient, I'll concede to that, but to say it outright ruins the game is fucking melodramatic. All that's changed is that you either have to find a safe place to view the map or keep an eye on flank routes. It's really not the end of the world in practice.
EH2
there are no minimaps in real life skirmishes

yet
Shadow the Hedgehog
3 minute matches doesn't leave much time to find cover each time you need to see how your crew is doing on the map
Draku
(Jul 16, 2017 at 2:08 AM)T-man Wrote: Having put in like 3 hours into the Splatfest I think the lack of a mini map is being blown out of proportion. It's inconvenient, I'll concede to that, but to say it outright ruins the game is fucking melodramatic. All that's changed is that you either have to find a safe place to view the map or keep an eye on flank routes. It's really not the end of the world in practice.
Motherfucker the ENTIRE GAME MODE of Turf Wars is based around controlling more ground than the enemy team. If you can't check that in a split second when the matches are so short and make movement calls on a moment's notice the game mode that defines Splatoon might as well be fucking removed.

Pulling up the map means death because you die so fast and it COVERS THE ENTIRE SHITLICKING SCREEN SO YOU CANT FUCKING SEE ANYTHING. There are no safe places in the middle of when you'd need to check the map.
[Image: s2n7oi.png]
Shadow the Hedgehog
There is plenty of room to place a basic transparent minimap, you can even make it an option you can turn on/off like Mario Kart and I'd be satisfied.