Metroid 30th Anniversary with AM2R release.

Stirling
http://metroid2remake.blogspot.com/

The franchise isn't receiving love from Nintendo, so the fans have remade Metroid 2 (a GB game) in the same way Metroid was remade as Zero Mission. It's finally released as 1.0, and it's pretty great.
Get it by your own hands.

MFGG Staff Slaying Expert
Kill List
Spoiler:
Assist List
Spoiler:
Poxni
i beat it a little bit ago and it is so incredible please play it
[Image: xPhNzA9.jpg]
Mario
[deleted]
Stirling
i was reading that it may not have been from nintendo, but a copyright troll just filing it

idk if that's possible but you know
Get it by your own hands.

MFGG Staff Slaying Expert
Kill List
Spoiler:
Assist List
Spoiler:
Mario
[deleted]
Two_Finger
yeah doesn't nintendo normally shut this kinda stuff down as early as possible?
well I'll be sure to give it a run through
Aidan
damn this game is good
it controls so well. somewhere between zero mission and super i think? either way moving samus around feels great
the little touches of metroid prime are great without being too overbearing. charge beam suction is wonderful

also i think i got the spider ball a little early so that's rad
T-man
I'm pretty sure I heard somewhere that in order to retain ownership of an IP you need to take these steps to protect it, I don't know if that's bullshit or not.
Atleast they waited until it was in circulation to issue a takedown. Anyone who wants it will likely be able to find it.

The same thing's gonna happen to Mother 4 btw, so be sure to get it as soon as it's available if you have any interest in it.
Two_Finger
blind run results
Spoiler:
I am not very good at this
Mario
[deleted]
Poxni
I first had shy above 5 hours and 93%
Agastya
(Aug 8, 2016 at 12:30 AM)wtl Wrote: funny that they wait for a game to be released to send a takedown- this things been in production for years and its pretty incredible to see it finally get released; just weird that nintendo is just taking notice

they definitely knew about it and the dmca is just a formality

waiting for it to be released so it can circulate is their way of letting people get to actually enjoy the fangame while still flexing their copyright-holder muscle

if they don't defend their IP then it sets a precedent for other fan projects
BIRDS ACTIVATED
🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦
T-man
(Aug 16, 2016 at 4:08 PM)Agastya Wrote:
(Aug 8, 2016 at 12:30 AM)wtl Wrote: funny that they wait for a game to be released to send a takedown- this things been in production for years and its pretty incredible to see it finally get released; just weird that nintendo is just taking notice

they definitely knew about it and the dmca is just a formality

waiting for it to be released so it can circulate is their way of letting people get to actually enjoy the fangame while still flexing their copyright-holder muscle

if they don't defend their IP then it sets a precedent for other fan projects

This was my suspicion as well. People give Nintendo shit for issuing the takedown at all but at least now it's out in the wild.
Two_Finger
yeah I was thinking along the same lines
Mario
[deleted]
Mario
[deleted]
Poxni
(Aug 17, 2016 at 2:11 AM)wtl Wrote: the speedruns are happening

this vid really makes me appreciate how well designed this game is
Mario
[deleted]