Spritanium
Just got back from the film. Saw it in 3D by mistake, which might have been more fun if I didn't have to wear the 3D glasses over my real ones.

Anyway I thought it was a great time. The story is crazily disjointed and the characters are all wacky, but wtf were you expecting from a comic book movie that has a guy named captain boomerang? I mean holy shit, 26% on Rotten Tomatoes. People are just eager to hate DC movies by this point.

Jared Leto's Joker makes me totally uncomfortable and I think that's the idea. He's not Ledger's Joker, but that Joker wouldn't have worked here. This one needed to be a little more human looking to make it slightly believable that Harley would be interested in him. He wasn't in the film much, but whereas some reviewers seem to think he needed more screentime, I thought it was just right. I was shocked by how much this version of the Joker actually seems to give a shit about Harley.

Will Smith was awesome, made me wish Deadshot in the Arkham games wasn't so boring by comparison. Harley Quinn was waaay less annoying than any incarnation I've seen before, very enjoyable. Killer Croc had some nice makeup. Boomerang guy was funny. I don't really remember many other characters? They had a lot of people to introduce, to the point where the first 20 mins of the film is literally just a rundown of all the main characters with some bullet point facts lmao

If you want to have a fun time with some awesome interpretations of DC villains, unhindered by a story taking itself too seriously, this is the movie for you. 8/10

Did you see it? What did you think???
[Image: supercorrect.png]
Yrrzy
you've finally broken the streak and provided the first positive review of this movie i've ever seen

still not convinced to see it tho
God
my god this was the worst film i have seen in recent times. i think it's probably actually the worst, in fact. there was no character development, no attempt at fostering emotional attachment to any of the heroes or villains, the villains were shit-tier Take Over The World Just Because We're Evil-style villains, Jay Leno sucked, Harley Quinn was pandered to the male gaze way too much, jesus christ it was just a total disaster from start to finish. i dont know how such an interesting concept was made to be so one-dimensional and uninspiring
God
also re: ppl hate on dc:

[Image: giphy.gif]
"If Your Plate Doesn't Have Any Beef On It, Send It Back To The Hecking Cafeteria!!!" - OracularRELOADED
Spritanium
(Aug 8, 2016 at 12:15 PM)Yrr Wrote: you've finally broken the streak and provided the first positive review of this movie i've ever seen

still not convinced to see it tho

Kevin Smith really liked it, no real "review" though.

You just have to know what you're getting going in. It's a dumb, crazy, all-over-the-place movie. The story has problems but the characters pull you through it.

I guess it depends how picky you are regarding movies, lol
Yrrzy
so far the reviews ive seen were from people watching it as a film and crtiquing it as a film, so i guess if youre not expecting a film you're probably fine but then you gotta have some serious investment in the franchise to enjoy it
Spritanium
It's definitely for fans. I have a hard time imagining someone enjoying it if they don't have some kind of investment in the characters. It was a blast for me
God
lol um wtf i like the characters portrayed in the film, and i like the DC universe but nothing can save good characters and good universes from poor execution.
God
like making a dumb crazy all-over-the-place film isn't an excuse for making a bad film. Deadpool can be described as such a film, and whilst that wasn't particularly exceptional it still did a far better job than SS
God
at least Deadpool had a storyline lmao
"If Your Plate Doesn't Have Any Beef On It, Send It Back To The Hecking Cafeteria!!!" - OracularRELOADED
Spritanium

> Requiring a storyline to enjoy media

[Image: hqdefault.jpg]
Spritanium
(Aug 8, 2016 at 3:47 PM)OracularRELOADED Wrote: lol um wtf i like the characters portrayed in the film, and i like the DC universe but nothing can save good characters and good universes from poor execution.

Yeah, I mean I didn't say liking the film and liking the characters are mutually inclusive. It certainly helps though
kaZaam
do they beat up any nerds in it
[Image: nIMDSBE.png]
Spritanium
They don't really do anything. They put together the team and then conveniently there's this random evil for them to stop

The enjoyability for me really does come 100% from the character portrayals/interactions. I'd probably avoid the movie if you're expecting a good story because this is as close to "no plot, all fluff" as a movie can get. I mean the first 1/3 felt like a trailer for itself
kaZaam
wow you think they wouldve learned from bat vs soup how tpo make a GOOd superhero move
God

>> Requiring a storyline to enjoy media

i dont recall sayin this lol
God
[Image: PXxQVmi.jpg]
Spritanium
(Aug 8, 2016 at 5:48 PM)OracularRELOADED Wrote: >> Requiring a storyline to enjoy media

i dont recall sayin this lol

That's true I just thought the Miyamoto joke was too good to pass up
Mario
[deleted]
kaZaam
[Image: wow%20on%20fire.gif?e1410a]