My Layout Suggestion, Also Anonymous Post Feature

Pedigree
School theme works well for MW, imo.

Main Hall
-Assembly (Meta Forum)
-Arts and Crafts
-A/V Club (Entertainment Enterprise)
-Home Room (Life Chat, but for any serious thread with LC features)

Extracurricular Activities
-Pointless Papers Period
-Killing Gymnasium
-Auditorium (Gimmick Garrison, each Garrison is a “stage play”)
-Back Alley Dumpster (Anonymous World)

The Library
-Archives

Idea #1: Replace Anonymous World with a toggle on any post in any forum to make a post anonymous.

Idea #2: When active, move KG and GG above PPP. Move them below the PPP when inactive.
Yrrzy
My Layout Suggestion:

Meta
PPP
Entertainment
Arts
Lifechat

Garrison
KG
Anon

Archive

Explanation:
Meta at top for news/announcements i guess
PPP is our "main" board
Boards that dont get many views atm put where we can see em
Boards that people seek out further down cause they wont suffer activity drops so much
Boards that dont need to be seen
T-man
We should have a process that shuffles the boards every week like the PPP.
Draku
if anyone has issues with yrr's layout aka what we're using right now, speak
[Image: s2n7oi.png]
T-man
I actually like it a lot
Pedigree
I don't

5 forums in a category takes up the whole screen

4 forums per category is better
T-man
(Aug 4, 2017 at 5:22 PM)Pedigree Wrote: I don't

5 forums in a category takes up the whole screen

4 forums per category is better

B-but there's nothing else we can put in Event Horizon! Even Anonymous World is a stretch.
Pedigree
thank you yrr for hijacking my suggestion so that everyone ignores the OP
Mario
we could probably fit life chat in with the event forums i guess lol
Draku

>Idea #1: Replace Anonymous World with a toggle on any post in any forum to make a post anonymous.

this is happening if spritey can get it working

your OP layout is basically what we have right now except with the PPP moved down which i don't feel makes that much sense
Spritanium
My thoughts:

How it is right now is 1000% better than the previous layout, but the layout we started with makes the most sense

Mayhem Whereabouts: Forums related to Minus World, Minus World members, and general unfocused discussions by those members

Treasured Pastimes: Forums related to fun activities that members like to participate in (if it's too general to make, say, a subreddit about it then it shouldn't be here)

Other: Anything unimportant enough to be at the bottom

We can make forums draggable on a per-user basis but I still think this concept works best for the default

Event Horizon is a cool way of doing it but like others have said, once anon mode is a thing for any thread, Anonymous World won't need to exist anymore. Then we have one category with 5 boards and one with 2

Basically our mission statement for this iteration of MW was "the point of the board is the board itself" so...it does kind of make sense to have MW-related forums up top by default, and hobby-related ones lower
Spritanium
Meta Forum
PPP
Gimmick Garrison

Killing Game
Entertainment Enterprise
Arts & Crafts

Life Chat
Archives
Staff Forum

What about this? I feel like I've seen a few people express their dislike for the life chat being high up, and since it's a members-only board anyway, high visibility probably isn't that important

This keeps the MW-related boards up top without sacrificing visibility of the pastime boards; I also think it makes sense to have GG in the first category since our members decide what it is (making it a MW-centric board)
[Image: supercorrect.png]
Yrrzy
pls just squish the headers so that screenspace isnt an issue
Spritanium
What kind of tiny ass monitors do you guys have where removing 10px of height would make an actual difference
Spritanium
New compact theme unlocked:

Code:
*:before,
*:after {
    padding: 0 !important;
    margin: 0 !important;
}
Spritanium
[Image: hpsSTpc.png]

oh man I'm gonna save so much scrollwheel mileage with this one weird trick
Draku
(Aug 4, 2017 at 8:25 PM)Spritanium Wrote: What kind of tiny ass monitors do you guys have where removing 10px of height would make an actual difference
It was more of an issue when forums displayed more information that I disabled yesterday, but even so, on 1080p there are 2 active forums that you have to scroll down to (only one when i use fullscreen like usual, but that isn't the norm for users), and others apparently have even smaller monitors.

The current top area takes up a shitload of space for no real reason and could definitely be made more horizontal for the information shown. Forum categories also take a lot of space to display.
Spritanium
Idk, I'm never going to agree with these points because spacing gives designs room to breathe, but I guess we should have a compact theme for people who are into that
rtsmarty
I'm apprehensive about the idea of making *any* post anonymous. I'd feel much more comfortable if you could just make Anonymous Threads rather than individual posts.
Yrrzy
the issue is that half the boards require scrolling to access which means theyre less used
my layout attempts to move the ones that need more activity up to where you can actually see them and the ones people will seek out down lower