Pedigree
(Aug 13, 2017 at 10:40 PM)Yrrzy Wrote: youre right!

but the proposed contintental drift spell would actually split threads unavoidably
I mean...

That suggestion was probably just a shitpost. And if not, I will join you in opposing it with every cell of my being.
Spritanium
See this is the thing, we can't make anything that's actually wacky or fun because people are too concerned with maintaining the integrity of discussions that have largely been moved to discord anyway. What is the point? Personally I think at this point the discord should be for discussion, and the forum should be as crazy as we can make it. I don't think a lot of people agree with that though which is a little disappointing
[Image: supercorrect.png]
Pedigree
Giving members the ability to split topics is taking the gimmick too far imo.
Spritanium
And that's the whole problem imo. People are arbitrarily attached to their posts even though any and all actual discussion happens offsite
[Image: supercorrect.png]
Pedigree
Not all of it does, no.

If thread-splitting spells become a thing, though, it will be the final nail in the coffin for anything other than shitposts on the forum.
Pedigree
The fact that such a spell couldn't be blocked by turning spells off is enough of a reason not to have it anyway, imo.
Aidan
maybe such a powerful spell would be limited to faction leaders so it could only be used in large scale pvp (poster vs poster)
Yrrzy
the spell exists and is only available to the strongest members (staff), it is called Split Thread