Stirling
cause why not?

i use a dualshock 3 for most things that aren't KB/M intended (fuck you SMITE) and a gamecube running through the mayflash GC/WiiU/PC adapter for platformers. i really like using its analog stick for them.
Get it by your own hands.

MFGG Staff Slaying Expert
Kill List
Spoiler:
Assist List
Spoiler:
T-man
Good thread

[Image: DualShock_4.jpg]

I like the DualShock 4 a lot, it's even great for PC with DS4Windows, you can map the cursor to the touchpad
Stirling
my biggest reason i use the ds3 is it has an excellent dpad, not only in position but also in quality

Kill List
Spoiler:
Assist List
Spoiler:
T-man
I think that's the first time anyone has said anything positive about a DualShock d-pad
Draku
fucking love the dualshock 4. best controller period. dualshock 3 was near perfection as it was.

(Aug 11, 2016 at 6:07 PM)T-man Wrote: I think that's the first time anyone has said anything positive about a DualShock d-pad
what

i've never had any issue with 'em, they're not the super best but definitely not bad in any regard. especially with the 360 pad as competition. christ.
[Image: s2n7oi.png]
Spritanium
I don't think I've ever used a better controller than the Xbone one

The GameCube controller is best for Nintendo games though
[Image: supercorrect.png]
kaZaam
360 is good for p much eberything except the c-stick is just far away enough to make it impractical in something like smash bros
[Image: nIMDSBE.png]
Poxni
wii u pro controller is my love tbh
[Image: xPhNzA9.jpg]
Two_Finger
I usually use some form of dualshock
for fightan I use a hitbox cause i'm too incompetent to use a stick
Aidan
(Aug 12, 2016 at 2:04 AM)Two_Finger Wrote: I usually use some form of dualshock
for fightan I use a hitbox cause i'm too incompetent to use a stick

gdsfgdsfg
you're using a hitbox because you can't play on a stick?
Two_Finger
it's a motor control thing I'm blaming it on
I just have a way easier time doing anything on a hitbox than with either a controller or a stick
Draku
Hitboxes are way better than sticks anyways, sticks are nigh-unusable without breaking oneself in over the course of fucking years. Hitboxes are more natural.
Mario
[deleted]
Stirling
yeah i think that is what makes the NGC analog stick so good for platformers: the octagon makes the stick respond appropriately for the deadzoning and isn't just for show

Kill List
Spoiler:
Assist List
Spoiler:
Spritanium
Yeah the octagon is incredibly helpful for platformers.

I never realized it until 3D Land and 3D World when I'd start falling off ledges trying to walk to the right.
[Image: supercorrect.png]
Mario
[deleted]
God
[Image: latest?cb=20131216013534]

the banshi from Kill la Kill is probably the best controller thread
"If Your Plate Doesn't Have Any Beef On It, Send It Back To The Hecking Cafeteria!!!" - OracularRELOADED
T-man
I just held a GameCube controller with my adult hands and it didn't feel as good as it did as a kid.

Disappointing.
Draku
(Aug 13, 2016 at 10:48 PM)T-man Wrote: I just held a GameCube controller with my adult hands and it didn't feel as good as it did as a kid.

Disappointing.
that's funny, i'm shocked to this day how natural those things still feel to hold. especially the one i still have from my original GC that still works 100%.
kaZaam
yea gc controller is prob the best ive felt comfortwise. dualshock feels a litl too small for my lankyass fingers. actually still prefer the ps1 design w the longer grips tbh
[Image: nIMDSBE.png]